TravelTalkOnline

Winair EIS to SXM?

Posted By: AquaMusic

Winair EIS to SXM? - 05/04/2023 03:12 PM

Greetings from Toronto!

We absolutely love St John and Jost and are itching to return via a land based trip, possibly this December. We also like exploring new places. Anguilla has been on our radar as others have told us that since we adore White Bay, we would likely enjoy Shoal Bay on Anguilla.

It looks like Winair has some flights from Beef Island to St Maarten. (EIS to SXM) I'm wondering how reliable the schedule and airline is. Our initial plan is to stay on St John and Jost for just shy of a week, fly from Beef Island to St Maarten and take the ferry to Anguilla for 3 or 4 nights. We're adventurous travellers and don't mind the notion of a busy day of traveling from JVD to Anguilla via ferry-taxi-flight-ferry-taxi. We'd do carry on only. (I suppose we could also spend the pre EIS-SXM night on Tortola to cut down on the flight day stress.)

While we love the BVI, we'd hate to get stuck if Winair isn't consistent and cancels our flight at the last minute. I realize weather can cause issues, but aside from that, any feedback on getting from Tortola to St Maarten would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Winair EIS to SXM? - 05/04/2023 03:26 PM

Overall, I think Winair is more reliable than a lot of other Caribbean airlines. We did that route on Winair once, but it was a long time ago. From your note, you don't really want to go to SXM, other than as a way to get the ferry to Anguilla? I wonder, since you really want to go to Anguilla, did you check to see if there are any flights from EIS all the way into Anguilla? I don't know.

Winair is based in SXM, so you may want to post this note in the SXM forum also, for overall thoughts on Winair.
Posted By: AquaMusic

Re: Winair EIS to SXM? - 05/04/2023 03:31 PM

Thank you very much for your input Carol I'm reassured that I'm not completely off my rocker trying to pull this off! LOL!

We have been to St Maarten/St Martin before so the goal was to try to maximize time on Anguilla. I haven't yet found any direct flight from EIS to AXA (Anguilla) but I'm praying to the travel gods that maybe, just maybe one of the small airlines will add the route. It sure would make things easier!

And thanks for the advice to post on the SXM forum. I'll do that shortly. smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline