TravelTalkOnline

Boat Insurance

Posted By: Husker

Boat Insurance - 05/04/2023 06:56 PM

Hi all - We are looking for recommendations on an insurance agent/company or broker. We are phasing out from a charter company this summer and need to get damage and liability insurance for our BVI-based boat. Any help from the TTOL community would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Boat Insurance - 05/05/2023 11:56 AM

You can buy from any USA based company.as long as the boat is a usa flagged vessel.
Posted By: Brent

Re: Boat Insurance - 05/05/2023 12:59 PM

Ahoy Captain,

I do not know if this kind of 'self promotion' is allowed by the TTOL Admin?
I can facilitate just about Everything Yacht Related in the BVI.
Insurance including Chartering & Hurr Hole, Customs & Ship Registry, Dockage & Parts & Labor, Registered Agent & Brokerage at 5%, etc.

I Need More Quality Cats for Chartering !
Fair Winds, Brent
thecaptainscompass.com Yacht Charters and Management
heatseekerinternational.com 5% Comm and Sales-Tax-Free Yacht Brokerage
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Boat Insurance - 05/05/2023 06:31 PM

Are you acting as a registered agent for BVI companies? Is so what are your fees and the fees that the BVI charges?
Thanks
Posted By: Brent

Re: Boat Insurance - 05/05/2023 07:28 PM

Ahoy Captains,

Yes, I have a BVI Trade License to Manage & Charter Yachts, and a BVI Trade License to Broker Yachts.
I have included links to both as part of my 'signature'.
The Fees depend on the length and type of Yacht, the type of business it intends to do, the time frame and services involved, etc.
With sincere respect and thanks to the Hills for the tireless job they do supporting TTOL, I do not think TTOL Admins would appreciate me using this form to specifically promote or advertise my business, so I would look forward to continuing this through my email.

Fair Winds, Brent

Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Boat Insurance - 05/06/2023 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Brent
Ahoy Captains,

Yes, I have a BVI Trade License to Manage & Charter Yachts, and a BVI Trade License to Broker Yachts.
I have included links to both as part of my 'signature'.
The Fees depend on the length and type of Yacht, the type of business it intends to do, the time frame and services involved, etc.
With sincere respect and thanks to the Hills for the tireless job they do supporting TTOL, I do not think TTOL Admins would appreciate me using this form to specifically promote or advertise my business, so I would look forward to continuing this through my email.

Fair Winds, Brent

Hi Brent... You can sign up as a TTOL BVI Sponsor for a very reasonable fee and you can then promote your services as much as you like. I was a sponsor here for many years when I had my boat at TMM. TTOL was very good at bringing me business and I'm sure with your larger number of boats that you would find it a worthwhile investment of your marketing budget cheers
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Boat Insurance - 05/06/2023 10:24 AM

On the insurance issue make sure you are sitting down when you get the quote. In addition make sure you check the named storm deductible.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline