TravelTalkOnline

Pricing bareboat charter

Posted By: katyordy

Pricing bareboat charter - 05/24/2023 02:12 PM

Any idea if there is a sweet spot of when to book? Currently the best price is the moorings (we want power boat) we are going mid-december and I just was not sure if that time period sells out or I should wait for closer to to get sales? Flights are so expensive so any money I can save is more fun in the islands.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Pricing bareboat charter - 05/24/2023 03:42 PM

Mid December gets expensive but there is a big difference between say 10 to 17 Dec and 15 to 22 Dec. It also matters what size and type boat you are looking for. If your planned charter runs much past 15 Dec I would get it booked now.
G
Posted By: Husker

Re: Pricing bareboat charter - 05/24/2023 03:52 PM

Hi season charter rates start Dec 15th. You should get better pricing if your trip is after Thanksgiving and before Dec 15. You might also want to try going thru a broker to find the best deal unless you like shopping around.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: Pricing bareboat charter - 05/24/2023 06:11 PM

Have you contacted Virgin Charter Yachts? They have several types of power cats for bareboat charter and are competitively priced with Moorings. Our Leopard is in their fleet.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Pricing bareboat charter - 05/25/2023 12:26 PM

Not too much savings in waiting to book the boat... Pick the season (price breaks). However, you can usually save several hundred dollars a person by booking mid week. Try to avoid Saturday arrival and especially departures.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Pricing bareboat charter - 05/27/2023 02:03 PM

Look for the specials which are offered. Each company is slightly different. Some provide a percentage off, some sail 10 days for the price of 7, some have repeat customer discounts, etc
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline