TravelTalkOnline

Red Hook to JVD Day Trip - Boat Rental

Posted By: GW248

Red Hook to JVD Day Trip - Boat Rental - 01/14/2016 05:07 PM

I'm contemplating a long weekend trip to Red Hook and thinking about a day trip to JVD. Does anyone know of any power boat rentals in the Red Hook area (22 - 25' range), boat only. I've searched and everything I find seems to come with a captain.

And can someone confirm the BVI fees for me if I were to do this? I believe it is $25 to come in and $15 to leave (per person).

Rick
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: Red Hook to JVD Day Trip - Boat Rental - 01/14/2016 10:42 PM

I know many of the companies have gone to captain only charters, at least for some of their larger boats. As to BVI charges, I think they make them up as they go along. Be prepared to pay $$$.
Posted By: goozee

Re: Red Hook to JVD Day Trip - Boat Rental - 01/15/2016 11:58 AM

We recently chartered a boat with Gooddaycharters.com. It's a father and son business. Stan, the father was our captain. We went to JVD for the day. Stan took care of all of the paperwork for us. I believe we gave him $40 per person for customs. On the way back we stopped at St. James for some great snorkeling (saw turtles and rays).We really enjoyed our day and it was so relaxing to have him take care of everything. I would highly recommend him. The cost was reasonable.

Goozee
Posted By: cruzan1

Re: Red Hook to JVD Day Trip - Boat Rental - 01/18/2016 10:54 PM

Ocean Runner in Cruz Bay
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline