TravelTalkOnline

Shopping Preference

Posted By: capndar

Shopping Preference - 10/30/2019 07:08 PM

We charter from CYOA, and as a part of our process, rent a car to go shopping. Cost U Less was our favorite, but they were still destroyed last year. Do people prefer Plaza Extra or Price Smart? I like the market on the harbor, but they d9idn't have all we needed last year.

Thanks
Posted By: TomSW

Re: Shopping Preference - 10/30/2019 09:05 PM

Cost U Less has their grand re-opening this Friday so that should be an option. If you have time to go to Red Hook, which can be a nice tour, you have two other possibilities. Moe’s is right across the street from the ferry dock and has high end meat and seafood. Nice wine selection too. Probably too small for full provisioning. Food Center, a mile to the west out of Red Hook is a large, full on grocery/liquor store. Pretty much whatever you need. Plaza East can be hit or miss and I think you need to have a membership card for Price Smart.
Posted By: tothedogs

Re: Shopping Preference - 10/30/2019 09:20 PM

There is also an additional Moe's in CA within walking distance of CYOA (closer than to Pueblo).
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Shopping Preference - 10/31/2019 02:17 AM

I do 90% of our provisioning at Plaza Extra (including all the booze). On the return to CYOA, I'll stop at The Fruit Bowl, Pueblo, and then Moe's to pickup any remaining items.

I also used to do a lot of provisioning at Cost-U-Less pre-Irma. You could save a few dollars, but the packaging was often too large a quantity, and the store layout seemed disorganized and had you wandering the aisles in search of items.
Posted By: capndar

Re: Shopping Preference - 10/31/2019 03:31 PM

Thanks all - We'll probably try Cost U Less as it is reopening and hope the rebuild has addressed some of the issues.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline