TravelTalkOnline

Things to bring to USVI?

Posted By: FrenchLaundry

Things to bring to USVI? - 11/22/2020 08:24 PM

Good afternoon everyone! I am reaching out to folks on our upcoming trip to St John followed by our catamarn cruise in the USVI. I am wondering if there are things we should considering COVID. It is hard to get toilet paper and paper towels here in Minneapolis. Are there any items we should consider bringing down?

I would also like people's advice on coolers. I saw a youtube video of cruising and folks were using a refrigerator cooler for additional cooler space. Has anyone done this before? Are there places to rent these on St. Thomas.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/22/2020 08:29 PM

Hi there aren’t any shortages in the USVI, everything is basically back to normal except for distancing and masks.
You’ll be able to find whatever you need.
Posted By: FrenchLaundry

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/22/2020 08:30 PM

Great! Thank you!

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/22/2020 08:31 PM

As for a fridge rental I’d speak to the charter company.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/23/2020 12:42 AM

We just returned from a week (land-based) on St. John. We didn't notice any availability problems. Most things are more expensive on St. John than on St. Thomas and selection is better on St. Thomas.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/23/2020 01:16 PM

We provisioned on St Thomas Nov. 7th. All the things I mostly can't find in NC was available in the stores on STT. Of course not in the same number of choices. I don't think you will have any troubles finding everything you need.
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/23/2020 01:19 PM

All you need is a covid test, three bathing suits, two pair of sandals, and a fist full of hundred dollar bills. :-)

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/23/2020 01:50 PM

And a bottle of Rum
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/23/2020 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainJay
All you need is a covid test, three bathing suits, two pair of sandals, and a fist full of hundred dollar bills. :-)

And if you have a fair complexion, a bucket of sun block
Posted By: jpfitzy7

Re: Things to bring to USVI? - 11/26/2020 03:03 PM

Just got back from our CYOA charter and we didn't have any problems finding anything. Just make sure you mask up when going to the bar and have a blast!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline