TravelTalkOnline

ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December

Posted By: CaptainJay

ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/08/2020 08:43 PM

ZoZo's will be reopening soon in St John. They are going to be back at Caneel Bay. They are supposed to have access from the Ferry Dock at Caneel. Dinghy in from the mooring field.

ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Website

On St John ZoZo's opening plan
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/09/2020 07:50 PM

I am interested in learning if people are allowed to take a swim and use the beach during lunch. I don't know if we will get close by in February but if we do, we will likely stop to check it out.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/09/2020 09:37 PM

I have been corresponding with Erin at ZoZo's via email. Dinner reservations can be made one month in advance, maximum of 6 in party, $100 per person, plus 20% gratuity. Lunch is first come first served. All visitors must sign a liability waiver upon arrival. Interesting. No mention of ability to use the beach. We hope to have dinner there in February (sailing trip).
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/09/2020 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
................$100 per person, plus 20% gratuity. .................................. All visitors must sign a liability waiver upon arrival. .

$100 a person? For what? Four course meal? Buffet?? And what's the liability waiver about? Waiver for what??
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/09/2020 10:35 PM

$100 is for a four course meal. Beverages additional. The website is now live.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/09/2020 10:40 PM

Interesting. When we went to Honeymoon Beach last month, we were asked to sign a liability waiver as we entered. We were entering via the old Caneel Bay entrance.
Posted By: sail445

Re: ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/09/2020 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Originally Posted by MIDiver
................$100 per person, plus 20% gratuity. .................................. All visitors must sign a liability waiver upon arrival. .

$100 a person? For what? Four course meal? Buffet?? And what's the liability waiver about? Waiver for what??

I used to go to ZOZO’s maybe twice a week when they were at Gallows point. I would always get seats at the bar where you faced West and saw the sunset and the parrots as the flew back for the evening.
My average tab was about $100 per person plus a 20% well rewarded tip and this was around 2005-8.
The food and service was great.
Today I can see the negative aspect of putting a minimum $100 +20% tip.
It’s bad taste to charge someone going to a restaurant with a minimum charge like some second rate discotheque.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: ZoZo's at Caneel Bay Opening in December - 12/09/2020 11:53 PM

Not likely to run into any STJ residents there at that dinner plan.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline