TravelTalkOnline

st croix

Posted By: Knotthead

st croix - 12/09/2020 11:17 AM

I am currently in the usvi, st John, US flagged sailboat. Are there any restrictions to us sailing down to St Croix? I heard a rumor inbound boats were being quarantined. Any real knowledge will be appreciated.

Thanks
Terry
Posted By: sail445

Re: st croix - 12/09/2020 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Knotthead
I am currently in the usvi, st John, US flagged sailboat. Are there any restrictions to us sailing down to St Croix? I heard a rumor inbound boats were being quarantined. Any real knowledge will be appreciated.

Thanks
Terry

I don’t sail to St Croix but have friends there who sail to St Thomas and St John without any problem.
I’ve sailed from St Thomas to St. John and back many times without a problem
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: st croix - 12/09/2020 12:32 PM

No restrictions sailing from on USVI island to the next.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: st croix - 12/09/2020 01:09 PM

Keep your radio on Channel 16 as you get close -- you may be contacted and asked where you are coming from -- DPNR MAY also approach by boat to determine your previous location. It is entirely unrestricted coming from one USVI to another USVI.
Posted By: Knotthead

Re: st croix - 12/09/2020 02:02 PM

Than you all for the info.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: st croix - 12/09/2020 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Knotthead

Thanks
Terry

Just did this last month. No problem whatsoever.
Posted By: warren460

Re: st croix - 12/10/2020 12:28 PM

Our crewed boats are regularly doing that. In fact, scuba doo 50 did that a day or two ago.
Posted By: TC42

Re: st croix - 12/12/2020 06:22 PM

I previously read about crime problems in St. Croix. We will be sailing with a few kids so we would rather not deal with criminal issues. How's the current crime situation? Anything to be worried about? We have traveled a bunch throughout the Caribbean so we understand how to behave and to use common sense.
Posted By: jandreas

Re: st croix - 12/29/2020 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by TC42
I previously read about crime problems in St. Croix. We will be sailing with a few kids so we would rather not deal with criminal issues. How's the current crime situation? Anything to be worried about?

The violence here is almost always gang-on-gang and property crime. Avoid the government housing projects... There are some sketchy looking areas in and around Frederiksted. ex. east of Queen st. It looks bad but is not necessarily bad. I can't really think of anywhere on island I wouldn't necessarily go. Other than Rainbow beach and Buck Island on Sundays, just because of the crowds. If you find yourself out east, try to make your way (not by dinghy) to Isaacs Bay. Without a doubt, the nicest beach on island and ZERO people.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline