TravelTalkOnline

Looking for an update on mooring situation/availability

Posted By: cajunscuba

Looking for an update on mooring situation/availability - 06/07/2021 11:29 AM

We'll be wheels up Saturday, June 12, for a bareboat charter out of STT. The past few months it seems vacant moorings around St John were a little harder to come by than before COVID. I'm wondering how much things have changed in the low season and since the BVI loosened their COVID protocols.
Anybody have an update? Thank in advance
Posted By: CaptainTodd

Re: Looking for an update on mooring situation/availability - 06/07/2021 12:20 PM

We just returned from a STT/St John charter a few weeks ago. We had no trouble getting a mooring ball at Francis and Waterlemon Bays. There was plenty of room to anchor in Coral Bay the night we were there. However, we did snag the last mooring ball in Salt Pond and Caneel Bay each of the nights we stopped there. I think the key is to get going pretty early so that if your intended destination is full, you have secondary options before it gets too late. I hope you have an excellent trip!
Posted By: cajunscuba

Re: Looking for an update on mooring situation/availability - 06/07/2021 04:04 PM

What time did you snag the last mooring ball at those bays? I'm just looking for the time I should be at each one
Posted By: cyclingdoc

Re: Looking for an update on mooring situation/availability - 06/17/2021 12:55 AM

Down here now. Maho has no vacancy tonight. About 7 boats in Francis.

Around 5pm the entire caneel stretch had about 3-4 moorings open.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline