TravelTalkOnline

Travel requirements for St John and STT

Posted By: Daisy304

Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/26/2021 03:08 PM

I will be traveling to St John in August. What are the travel requirements traveling into the USVI as well as out of? I am thinking of leaving St John a day before my scheduled flight out of STT. If a negative covid test is required will one for St. John be enough to get me into St.Thomas and then on to San Juan a day later? We have vaccine cards to I am hoping this is all we need to move about
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/26/2021 03:47 PM

You need a test in order to enter the USVI (St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix, Water Island, etc.). You do not need a test to move around within the USVI (i.e., from St. John to St. Thomas) and you do not need a test to return to the mainland U.S. (unless your home state has a requirement I am not aware of). In order to enter the USVI you must "apply" through their online portal - go to https://usviupdate.com/ for more information and a link to the portal.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/27/2021 01:11 AM

use travel portal for current questions.
May be different later in summer.

https://usviupdate.com/
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/27/2021 02:35 AM

plans to make vaccinations qualify soon:
governor earlier----
[The government also is in the process of changing the online travel portal requirements, so that USVI residents who have been vaccinated will get the green light to re-enter the territory just by entering their name, said Bryan. Currently, they must provide a positive antibody test, and those age 5 and older who are not vaccinated must upload a negative COVID-19 test result taken within five days of travel.

“We’re almost there, it’s just doing the paperwork” to ensure the change complies with medical privacy laws, said Bryan, adding that the goal is to eventually expand the service to all vaccinated U.S. travelers, not just residents of the territory.]
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/27/2021 03:23 PM

I would think that will not alter the CDC requirement for those arriving by air. I sure hope they change that soon (as well).
Posted By: AustinRincon

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/28/2021 01:30 PM

For the San Juan part of your question - unlike USVI, Puerto Rico doesn't require covid test for vaccinated travelers. But you'll need to upload a pic of your vaccine card to the PR travel portal - https://1link.travelsafe.pr.gov/

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/28/2021 07:58 PM

Do you know if this is required if you are just flying through. Our flight is STT to SJU and the SJU to BOS
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/29/2021 02:04 PM

You must have a test within 3 days to arrive in any US territory from a foreign country by air. Since you are starting in a US territory you should not need a test if your flights are on one passenger record. If they are separate bookings you will probably need to comply with the Puerto Rico portal requirements.

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/29/2021 03:34 PM

Thank you for the information.
Posted By: AustinRincon

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/29/2021 08:35 PM

As long as you aren't leaving the SJU airport, just connecting to another flight, you don't need a covid test or to apply with the Puerto Rico Covid travel portal.

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 06/30/2021 11:09 AM

Thank you for adding this. I have been stressed about this part of my trip!
Posted By: dlatin

Re: Travel requirements for St John and STT - 07/18/2021 05:00 PM

Didn’t want to start a new thread...submitted my info to the portal at 7:30am Friday and the 3 more for family at around 11am. I was hoping to see a response yesterday but I didn’t. I’m assuming nothing is coming today (Sunday). Hopefully are oks come tomorrow. I’m getting nervous!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline