TravelTalkOnline

Marina's in STT?

Posted By: maytrix

Marina's in STT? - 07/13/2021 08:15 PM

So we seem to have worked our issues out. Apparently Coast guard registration renewal is pretty quick. About a week from renewal to getting our paperwork. Guess it makes sense given that is seems like all they'd need to do is print a new one and mail it. So thanks to that, we will be on our boat in the USVI.

Our boat has no generator but does have shore power A/C. So I was wondering what options there were on St Thomas to get on the dock for a night to cool off? I assume there's still nothing on St John? Really better if it stays that way. Figure we'll also need to top off on water and get some ice as well.

Thanks in advance! And thanks for everyone that helped with input.
Posted By: tothedogs

Re: Marina's in STT? - 07/13/2021 08:31 PM

Main places I am aware of are:

Crown Bay and Yacht Haven Grande in CA
Compass Point
American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Marina's in STT? - 07/13/2021 10:17 PM

Compass point won’t have any transient slips. They’re double booked with charter boats. American yacht harbor is your best bet.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Marina's in STT? - 07/13/2021 10:52 PM

Crown Bay is a reasonable spot to hit. We go there for fuel. I think a monohull was $2.30 per foot ++ water and electric.

You can get water and fuel at the fuel dock in Cruz Creek in Cruz Bay St. John. Take the port channel and it is on the left.

AYH in Red Hook has fuel and water and may have slips.
Yacht Haven Grande in Charlotte Amalie has fuel and water. Slips start at $5 per foot.
Frenchtown Marina / CYO may have $50 moorings with no water or fuel.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Marina's in STT? - 07/14/2021 02:12 PM

Thanks for all the great input! This is very helpful.

Really wish we were heading to the BVI, but will be very happy to be in the area again, its been too long!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline