TravelTalkOnline

SVI Covid Protocols

Posted By: Kunderwater

SVI Covid Protocols - 06/07/2022 11:00 AM

Sailing from STT to SVI's later this week and am get contradiction info on covid precautions. Anyone been there lately that can provide a little insight? Thanks
Posted By: FLJim

Re: SVI Covid Protocols - 06/08/2022 05:58 PM

I'll be doing the same in a few weeks, so looking forward to a response. Please post what you needed to do after your hopefully successful entry.

As far as I know, right now neither PR or USVI have any travel restrictions for domestic travel, which includes going between them, so it's back to the old regime - check in with PR customs on arrival via phone (or ROAM?), nothing required when returning to USVI.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: SVI Covid Protocols - 06/10/2022 12:55 PM

I did the STT to SVI in March. If you are chartering I would urge you to check with your charter company for the latest information. And make sure that you have a current ROAM sticker on the boat (i.e., a '22 sticker).

Procedure was straightforward.
1. Fill in every person's information into ROAM
2. Fill in the boat information into ROAM
3. Anchored in Ensenada Honda on Culebra
4. Filed the ROAM entry request
5. Was called up within a few minutes and spoke with the customs official. He wanted to see each person's face.
6. We received a "all clear" notification a few minutes later.
7. Enjoyed the SVI
8. Sailed back to STT - no filing of anything for this

No covid testing anywhere.
Posted By: RickG

Re: SVI Covid Protocols - 06/10/2022 04:50 PM

Yep, the DTOPS sticker on the boat is required to use ROAM.

Regards, Rick
Posted By: FLJim

Re: SVI Covid Protocols - 07/01/2022 11:07 AM

We just cleared into Culebra from St Thomas yesterday (6/30) and it was just as agimsrud said. We did have some internet problems getting the video call going, but got that sorted by doing it on my laptop using the phone as a hotspot. Also, he wanted to see our passports - probably just to make sure we had them (since the passport info had already been entered in CBP Roam).
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline