TravelTalkOnline

More load shedding today

Posted By: SXMScubaman

More load shedding today - 04/24/2024 06:43 PM

Public Notice,
*Load Shedding Notice*
Attention all residents, due to generation issues at our power plant, we regret to inform you that we will be implementing load shedding today. Please be advised that certain areas will experience power outages for approximately 60 minutes.
We understand the inconvenience this may cause and assure you that our team is working diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: More load shedding today - 04/24/2024 09:29 PM

It's GEBE. It boggles the mind. I feel sorry for locals who have to put up with this crap all the time.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: More load shedding today - 04/24/2024 10:33 PM

Between GEBE and the airport, it is a sad joke.

Re: More load shedding today - 04/24/2024 11:25 PM

That is when staying at a resort with a good generator pays off.

Re: More load shedding today - 04/24/2024 11:28 PM

But as I said, the locals are the ones who continually get scr*wed in this situation, between power outages, and their appliances, etc., getting blown out from power surges.

Re: More load shedding today - 04/25/2024 01:08 AM

Correct. I agree fully. Tourists are only inconvenienced.
Posted By: ARC

Re: More load shedding today - 04/25/2024 01:27 AM

That’s just what the US is headed for, a lot of rolling blackouts, load shedding, maybe worse, with the green energy/global warming scam.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: More load shedding today - 04/25/2024 02:00 AM

Yet the building goes on, unchecked. When the power source cannot accommodate the current client, imagine what it will be like with a thousand more condos on the Dutch side. Then, there are the roads; and a thousand more cars on them. Don't get me started...

Re: More load shedding today - 04/25/2024 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by ARC
That’s just what the US is headed for, a lot of rolling blackouts, load shedding, maybe worse, with the green energy/global warming scam.

Getting political?
Posted By: Colour1

Re: More load shedding today - 04/25/2024 08:50 AM

I'm with you!!! "Oh we have to go green, build more electric vehicles!" Who remembers the big grid blackout in NYC/Westchester NY?( 10 years ago or so!) Lou and I were on a road trip throughout New England when we stopped for dinner at some salty dog place on Rhode Island shore. On the TV came the news that there was a grid power outage! Only to find out, it was ONE transformer!! Can you imagine now with charging stations on all the major highways what that will do, come the 90 degree heat in the summer months!! BTW, not to change the subject. Did you know, it takes 2-3 times LONGER to charge one of those overpriced paper weight vehicles in the COLD winter months!!

Re: More load shedding today - 04/25/2024 01:07 PM

Politics has absolutely no place here.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline