TravelTalkOnline

Anse Marcel Beach Resort

Posted By: BuffaloBob

Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/08/2014 01:28 AM

Does anyone know much about this resort and restaurant? Looks interesting but can't find any reviews anywhere. Usually stay in Orient Beach area but looking to try something different
Posted By: jandbruce

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/08/2014 03:21 AM

Anse Marcel (Raddison Hotel ) has been sold. Forgot new name!!!
Posted By: BarleyMan

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/08/2014 03:35 AM

The 2 places I know are the RIU Palace (used to be the Radisson) and Le Domaine. So this is either a third resort on Ante Marcel, or perhaps Le Domaine?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/08/2014 04:41 PM

Lyn or the Captain would know for sure, but I think this is the new name for what used to be Domaine de Lonvillier. Pictures on the Gallery tab on this website seem to support that thinking.
Posted By: soualigacapt

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/08/2014 05:45 PM

It may be. I heard the Le Domain was closed and maybe it is reopened with a new name. I'll try to find out from friends that live in Anse Marcel.
Posted By: BarleyMan

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/08/2014 05:46 PM

I would call. It appears that Anse Marcel Beach Resort took over some of the Domains buildings. It's a very nice secluded bay. Been there by boat and enjoyed it.
Posted By: BuffaloBob

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/08/2014 07:36 PM

Thanks for the info! Looking on-line saw post on TripAdvisor that 50 rooms at La Domaine were purchased by Stephane and being run as a separate resort. Reviews of La Domaine weren't all that great... (tired grounds - cancelled reservations - difficulty with refunds etc) Is Le Domaine still open or changed hands? Website still seems to work...
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/09/2014 04:28 AM

We tried to go through the place in November to show it to our friends , but were told it would cost 85 euros to enter . We told them we just wanted to show the place off ,there answer was we couldn't do that . The 85 euros was for a day pass including with it was lunch guess what good bye . Hope they change there attitude or they are in trouble .

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/09/2014 11:01 AM

DICKG said:
We tried to go through the place in November to show it to our friends , but were told it would cost 85 euros to enter . We told them we just wanted to show the place off ,there answer was we couldn't do that . The 85 euros was for a day pass including with it was lunch guess what good bye . Hope they change there attitude or they are in trouble .

Are you talking about RUI Princess?
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/09/2014 01:42 PM

Yes

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 12/10/2014 01:34 AM

Atlantis in the Bahamas does the same thing but much more that 85 Euros. it's a big cruise ship excursion.
Posted By: singbeach

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 01/12/2015 01:59 PM

Are there chairs, umbrella rental on the beach here?
Posted By: pony600

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 01/12/2015 03:13 PM

I heard RUI now charges 100 euros for a day pass. Not going to get much business that way.
Posted By: Mpant

Re: Anse Marcel Beach Resort - 01/12/2015 05:31 PM

Sad to hear about costs of day pass. What exactly comes with this pass?
Loved going to Anse Marcel when Radisson was there. We would have lunch and then chairs and umbrella were available no charge. We also took a nice snorkel trip to Creole Rock and my husband did some kayaking
Is it still possible to get onto the beach there?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline