TravelTalkOnline

beach conditions

Posted By: kccouple

beach conditions - 12/29/2014 05:56 PM

we arrive Feb 1, 2015...just curious what beaches are like at Cupecoy, Plum and Rouge. Any current photos? many thanks
Posted By: islandgem

Re: beach conditions - 12/29/2014 09:14 PM

Nobody can predict what beach conditions will be like in Feb. Pictures taken today may not look anything like they will when you arrive as they can vary from day to day. When we left a couple of weeks ago the Simpson Bay Beach was wide with lots of sand. Two days later, the beach was gone and there was water up to the steps of the villas. Now the beach has returned and is looking better, so beach conditions can rapidly change at all the different island beaches. Seaweed also comes and goes depending where you are.

Re: beach conditions - 12/30/2014 03:10 PM

I am aware about beach conditions changing.I just asked if anyone had any current beach photos.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: beach conditions - 12/30/2014 05:17 PM

Here is one for you.

[Linked Image]

Re: beach conditions - 12/30/2014 09:13 PM

can't enlarge it ...where am I looking?
Posted By: fcatlanta

Re: beach conditions - 01/04/2015 03:12 AM

We're also interested in the beach condition at Pedro's on the Club Orient side of the rocks. If anyone has any pictures that would be a great help.
Posted By: EdB

Re: beach conditions - 01/04/2015 03:25 AM

Actually, there should be NO pictures taken on the Club Orient side of the rocks!!!! It is a NO PICTURE ZONE. The reasons are obvious. wink
Posted By: jandbruce

Re: beach conditions - 01/04/2015 04:06 AM

Club O has been great, thanks to there clean up Cure, but as lots of reports on TTOL with pics, the seaweed is A BIG PROBLEM day by day.....So know one can make the call every week.....Chill out u guys!!!!!
Posted By: january

Re: beach conditions - 01/04/2015 07:51 PM

You can take pictures on the beach at Club O if you make sure that anyone who might not want to be photographed is not in the shot. It is best to talk to a security person or a beach boy beforehand so they know exactly what you want to do and if it is okay. Just taking a shot of seaweed on the water's edge will be fine.
Posted By: Toronto_Frank

Re: beach conditions - 01/04/2015 07:58 PM

Actually people take pictures on the Pedro's part of the beach which is on the Club O side of the rocks (Green Chairs) all the time. The no photo sign is where the yellow Club O chairs start.
Posted By: Janma

Re: beach conditions - 01/04/2015 09:35 PM

http://www.cluborient.com/club-orient-beach-cam.html
It's easy to see for yourself by viewing the Club Orient Beach Cam. Looked at it earlier today and there was quite a bit of seaweed, but as others have reported, the guys there usually "sweep" the beach each morning.
Posted By: fcatlanta

Re: beach conditions - 01/04/2015 10:21 PM

I guess I should have been clearer in my last post-we're not concerned about the seaweed; more about the beach condition around Pedro's or lack of beach as the case may be.
Also, yes, we're aware that pictures are taken on Pedro's portion of the beach as we ourselves have done that: so my request was if anyone has pictures of the beach erosion, etc,-NOT people there-it would be greatly appreciated.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline