TravelTalkOnline

RCI and Caravanserai resort?

Posted By: mechtech43

RCI and Caravanserai resort? - 01/06/2015 11:15 PM

Does anyone know how RCI points program works? I thought when you paid your maintenance fee for the year, RCI points were given for your condo timeshare. Just got the shock of my life when I went to use my RCI points to book at another resort. I was told by RCI that Alegria had revoked my 2014 points and that I had no points that they would honor. I asked for a explanation from the supervisor on shift and he said that even though RCI and Caravanserai had a agreement for 2014, the points that were alloted for my 2 bedroom lockout could be taken back by Alegria. I think that RCI is looking at cutting any ties to this resort and the people who owned there. During the year 2014, all reservations from RCI were valid until the end of Nov.........rip off company---like to really know how this program works---he could not explain how my points were taken away when my week 6 condo was exchanged by them
Posted By: BGH

Re: RCI and Caravanserai resort? - 01/06/2015 11:52 PM

It's has nothing to do with Rci .....look at the former Caravanserai for your answer ...
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: RCI and Caravanserai resort? - 01/07/2015 12:34 AM

Alegria is a hotel not a TS.

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: islandgem

Re: RCI and Caravanserai resort? - 01/07/2015 04:18 AM

When the former Caravanserai was sold, the purchaser changed the property from a timeshare to a hotel and now calls it the Alegria Hotel. All the timeshare owners lost their rights to the property in spite of some having paid their maintenance fees to the former owners. Therefore, RCI cannot give you points for a timeshare that no longer exists. It is a very sad state of affairs for all the people involved. Perhaps if you read the thread which has been created here in the forum, you may see what is happening and keep up to date on anything that may be worked out in the future.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: RCI and Caravanserai resort? - 01/07/2015 11:44 AM

I am going to lock this since the OP posted on the "Caravanserai Now Alegria" board.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline