TravelTalkOnline

Villa in Simpson Bay

Posted By: Arydel

Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:33 AM

Just the two of us will be at Flamingo for our 18th consecutive year.this year,From May 16 to May 23rd we will be joined by my sister, her husband and two 'kids' ... girl 20, boy 18.
Although there are only 6 people, 3 B/R will not work very well. Any ideas?
Posted By: candj

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 01:15 PM

You may want to see if you can rent a week at the same time at the Simpson Bay Resort or LaVista.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:31 PM

The two bed lock outs at the Flamingo sleep 8. Each lockout side is a complete one bed room unit connected with a pass door with a king bed and sleep sofa in each unit. Put each of the two kids in their own sleep sofa and the other couple in the other King bed. See you there in May as we'll be there for four weeks.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:35 PM

Would a 3rd bedroom with twin beds work or not? If so, there are two 3 BR units at Beachside Villas. Are you looking specifically for a villa or would a timeshare work? As you could do two 2 BR units at La Vista Beach or at Royal Palm.

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:39 PM

I believe the OP said he will be staying at the Flamingo already.

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:41 PM

I think that is for the one week, but the other week, they said they needed space for SIX, so that means for this one week, they are not staying at Flamingo, or don't have reservations there so far anyway.
Posted By: beangirl

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:43 PM

In the smaller lockout side of the two bedroom flamingo villa units, the bathroom is only accessible by going through the bedroom. On the larger side there are two entries to the bathroom, one from the bedroom side and one from the living room side. So this might not be ideal for all situations.

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:45 PM

I read it that they are there for the one week and the others are joining them during the same time. No indication of a second week but who knows.

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:46 PM

But if you read the note, they said they need a place to stay for SIX PEOPLE.

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:53 PM

Yes. The OP couple, the sister and husband with two kids makes 6 total. One two bed lockout would work since they sleep 8.

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/23/2015 03:57 PM

...which is what I said, six people.
Posted By: Arydel

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/25/2015 04:44 PM

Thx for the great input ... Yes, we needed space for six for the 2nd week; talked with Flamingo and apparently they have two types of lockout ...one near the pool with no availability, the other up on the hill.
As beangirl noted, bathroom accessibility through a BR is a problem. thx Scubaman and Carol too. Able to get a 3 BR at Royal Palm which keeps us all in the neighborhood and keeps the kids apart when they should be.
We will be at Flamingo May 9, and RP on May 16.
Thx again to all !!!

Re: Villa in Simpson Bay - 01/25/2015 06:35 PM

OK, glad you got something worked out. I like Royal Palm a lot. Which 3 BR did you get? We have stayed at the one on the top floor a couple of times.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline