TravelTalkOnline

Simpson Bay Resort renovations

Posted By: axd0424

Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 01/28/2015 10:08 PM

Does anyone know the renovation schedule? Trying to find out if or when they will start on the F building. Can't get a good answer from the resort. Found rt air for 381 non stop from jfk but don't want to book if they are in the middle of renovating that building. Thanks!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 01/29/2015 01:08 PM

When I spoke to our "concierge" a couple of weeks ago he said the F and Marina bldgs. were scheduled to be renovated in 2015. Take that for what it's worth
Posted By: marge

Re: Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 01/29/2015 01:13 PM

The reno has been completed on the A, both B, both C, and D buildings. At BEST, they won't start on the Marina or Flamboyant buildings until late Spring. I would be surprised if then, but that was the original schedule. The construction usually goes from May to October.
BTW, great airfare! When is it for?
Posted By: JimandBeth

Re: Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 01/29/2015 02:03 PM

When they renovated upper B building it was finished just before we arrived the last week of November. We own in Marina as well and when I last inquired they told me those renovations will be done in 2015 along with F building. We have not yet received a bill if that means anything. I don't know what month you are planning on going but maybe you could ask them to accommodate you in the Villas in the event the renovations are not complete. The beach is going to be really noisy if they are renovating F building. You may not want to be there at all while that is going on.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 01/29/2015 03:21 PM

Thanks everyone. My friends own in the f building week 17. I refuse to do customs again on a Saturday so dates were 4/24 thru the following Friday. Delta out of jfk was 381 non stop round trip. I'm from ct but it's always worth the 2 hour drive to new York. They will probably bank the week if renovations are going on in their building. I got so excited when I saw that fare though. I checked out the flamingo next door and it was only 836 so still debating. Thanks for the answers though
Posted By: marge

Re: Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 01/29/2015 05:39 PM

If that fare is for THIS April, I'd go for it. Personally, I doubt they will start anything before mid May at the earliest,and I would not be surprised if they don't do anything until 2016.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 01/29/2015 06:08 PM

American and us air now offering the same rate. I think u are right. Going for it.
Posted By: BlueGreenWater

Re: Simpson Bay Resort renovations - 02/02/2015 01:09 AM

The resort is now saying Marina Building this year, Flamboyant in 2016'
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline