TravelTalkOnline

Grocerys

Posted By: minys

Grocerys - 01/30/2015 04:05 PM

Which day/days is the fresh produce stocked in the stores. Where would one go to stock up on Sunday, we arrive at 2:45
then get car (AAA),check in (Summit) go to store. Looking for fresh and best prices. Thanks
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Grocerys - 01/30/2015 04:15 PM

Not sure about when the produce comes in. On Sunday at that time, the Grand Marches will all be closed. Market Garden (corner of Billy Folly Road) will be open, as well as the Maho Market, which would be the closest grocery store to Summit, probably. However, I have not been particularly impressed with the Maho Market, as far as freshness, etc. If it were me, I would probably go to Market Garden. Or, get a few first day items from Jeannie at ShopnDrop, and then go make a big grocery run on Monday.
Posted By: minys

Re: Grocerys - 01/30/2015 04:20 PM

Thanks on Monday should we go to Market Garden or one the Grand Marches, don't mind driving for the best stuff.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Grocerys - 01/30/2015 04:47 PM

I was told by an employee at Market Garden that most produce is flown in and stocked on Tuesdays.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Grocerys - 01/30/2015 05:56 PM

I would head to the Gourmet Marche right there in Cupecoy. Or to the Grand Marche at Cole Bay. Personally I much prefer the Grand Marches to the Market Garden, for prices and selection and sales on wine.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Grocerys - 01/30/2015 06:23 PM

Cole Bay GM is great for sales....they had 12 pks of Carib on sale for US $7.84..good selection of other foreign beers and a very good wine section
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Grocerys - 01/30/2015 07:04 PM

Were those the small or regular size bottles?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Grocerys - 01/30/2015 07:57 PM

They were the regular 33cl but they were cans....but for that price I had to get some
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline