TravelTalkOnline

Roadside Ribs

Posted By: ohtoobtan

Roadside Ribs - 03/28/2015 10:05 AM

Over the years we have enjoyed many a roadside rib dinner. I know there was always a great debate on TTOL about Lido BBQ and it's unsanitary conditions but it was a favorite of ours. Those of us who got to experience Jonny B's actually under the tree only have the memories. The last couple of years we have had a hard time finding rib spots. Does anyone have any suggestions? One week and counting...
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/28/2015 10:15 AM

There is a spot between Royal Palm and Topper's that seems to do a lot of business. It has been there a little over a year. We had ribs from there last year and they were decent.
Posted By: eng3dr

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/28/2015 11:59 AM

We had ribs there a couple weeks ago, they were delicious. They also have chicken and lamb. We purchased ribs there 3 times. It did remind me of Lido's.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/28/2015 12:15 PM

Captian D's in the corner of the dirt lot next to RP. $9 a slab.

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: rodmar

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/29/2015 01:09 AM

We loved Lido's ribs, did they move or are they gone for good?

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/29/2015 10:06 AM

They are gone for good. It has been about three years now.
Posted By: Bob10kat

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/30/2015 01:13 AM

In Philipsburg on the back road in the parking lot is a god rib stand. I am not sure of the name, but it is at the exit of the back free parking lot. Also Patrice's Bar on the road from Philipsburg to Dawn Beach in the area of the Guana Bay turnoff is good.
Posted By: lina

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/30/2015 05:13 PM

I AGREE WITH RURAL CARRIER....the small hut between rp and toppers ..it is very very good...beers for a buck...and if your lucky there's a couple that sell some very good herbal supplements natural from different trees...everything from diarrhea to sun burn (lol)

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/30/2015 05:14 PM

Bob do you know how late you can get ribs over in Phillipsburg? I have found some if the trucks in that area are only open during the day. Usually looking for ribs for dinner. Also is the other place an actual bar or is a rib shack as well?
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/30/2015 06:51 PM

How does the diarrhea potion work? Will they ship to the States?

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: lina

Re: Roadside Ribs - 03/30/2015 07:02 PM

I'LL BRING HOME FOR YOU HAHAHA
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline