TravelTalkOnline

Spiga and Sol e Luna

Posted By: DblJ369

Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/03/2015 04:36 PM

Planning to make reservations at Spiga and Sol e Luna for our trip later this month. We've neet been to either and am looking for recommendations on where we should request to be seated? I know Spiga has a few outdoor tables, not sure what Sol e Luna has. Anyway, if you have been to either and have a favorite spot to sit, please let me know. We are a group of non-smokers for what it's worth...
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/03/2015 05:47 PM

Sol e Luna is a house with seating inside or on the porch or in the garden. We haven't dined there in 2 years but it's a must when we go to the island. We've always had 5 star dining., never a faulter.

Spiga is on a narrow street small porch and inside dining. We've eating there several times with mixed reviews---some nights were great others not so great.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/03/2015 05:48 PM

PS: Sole e Luna has twinkling lights all around. So romantic.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/03/2015 06:20 PM

Can't help with Sol e Luna, but at Spiga our preference is definitely a table on the porch. Even though it's right on a road, there's not a lot of traffic, and the open-air atmosphere is definitely nicer than the dining room. We've had the same experience there as RonDon, with some meals fantastic and others a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully you'll have the fantastic experience!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/03/2015 10:32 PM

We have always dined on the outdoor balcony at Sole e Luna and have always enjoyed it there.
Posted By: Ted_n_Jan

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/04/2015 02:19 AM

Definitely on the balcony at Sol e Luna.

It's been completely redone by the new owner and is even nicer than it was before.
Posted By: DblJ369

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/04/2015 02:51 AM

Is the balcony the same as the terrace?
Posted By: plequerre

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/04/2015 11:40 AM

islandgem said:
We have always dined on the outdoor balcony at Sole e Luna and have always enjoyed it there.

+1
Posted By: Ted_n_Jan

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/04/2015 09:00 PM

I don't believe the balcony is the same as the terrace.

But since we always ask for the balcony I can't be 100% sure.
Posted By: candj

Re: Spiga and Sol e Luna - 04/06/2015 12:46 PM

We love Spiga's and it is always a must stop for us. We usually look at the weather and, if it is hot, we ask for an inside table because of the air conditioning. If it is mild, with a breeze, we ask for the porch.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline