TravelTalkOnline

combo insect repellent/sun screens

Posted By: RoryS

combo insect repellent/sun screens - 04/08/2015 05:03 PM

How well do these work? I'm thinking if they work, well better than carrying 2 products when one will do it!!
Posted By: Dansc

Re: combo insect repellent/sun screens - 04/08/2015 05:08 PM

my thinking on those is you will be wearing the sun lotion during the day and will need to be reapplying often. depending on what you are doing the mosquitos generally aren't that bad during the day. The other thing i think about this is slathering on deet numerous times a day is absorbing alot of deet into your body and i am not in favor of that
Posted By: Carialle

Re: combo insect repellent/sun screens - 04/08/2015 05:11 PM

This may not be the most environmental appropriate thing to do but I use the mini off sportsman that has deet in it. I usually use it only in the evening so no need for it to be combo-ed with sunscreen and I just don't find low level insect repellents effective for me. A quick google seems to indicate its not a great idea as it reduces the effectiveness of the sunscreen.
Posted By: Dansc

Re: combo insect repellent/sun screens - 04/08/2015 05:20 PM

i should clarify, Deet is the way to go but i wouldnt want it on my skin when i dont need it.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: combo insect repellent/sun screens - 04/08/2015 05:29 PM

My dermatologist said the combos are not as protective as applying separately. But now I just realized i can't remember which should be applied first.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: combo insect repellent/sun screens - 04/08/2015 05:45 PM

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safet...hich-goes-first

With that all being said, I usually put on sunscreen first, then DEET.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline