TravelTalkOnline

Masses travel to Club O Beach

Posted By: biglar

Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/23/2015 10:29 PM

If you've been there in the past week you will know when I say that I have never seen Club O this crowded at this time of the year. We got there today about 10:30 AM and took the next to last parking space in the parking lot. Still charging the $5 until the end of the month. Few chairs remained and the beach boy had to take the umbrella from the guard stand to give to us. Will remember to get there earlier tomorrow. We visited Andy and Cheryls for lunch and saw she is wearing an engagement ring. Had a big smile on her face when we asked about it, but gave us very little other info.
Posted By: BGH

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/23/2015 10:55 PM

How's the seaweed ?
Posted By: Iloveflipflops2

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/23/2015 11:11 PM

The seaweed is here but not that bad IMO
Posted By: biglar

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/24/2015 01:27 PM

Agree. We walked the beach this morning and a few of the beach bars are doing nothing about the seaweed. Lots of it floating in the water. I can't imagine guests having to walk through that mess to get to the beach. Club O has none and the water was free of all seaweed.
Posted By: BGH

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/24/2015 02:34 PM

We avoided the seaweed beaches in April , I prefer to swim in clear water ...and there were several to chose from ..
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/24/2015 03:23 PM

Mary's Boon a victim too, both in the water and on the shore. Has been an issue since Sunday.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/24/2015 04:44 PM

Sorry to hear about the seaweed on Simpson Bay. Is it really bad?
Posted By: RCJH

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/24/2015 09:11 PM

We were there in December and it was the first time to St. Martin that seaweed was an issue for us. Club O beach was far better than the rest of OB.

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but it was also the first time that we'd been eaten up by sand flies. We assumed it was related to the sea weed. Are sand flies still an issue (since the sea weed problem remains)?
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/24/2015 09:50 PM

Sand fleas are always a problem throughout the Caribbean islands. Check out Herman Wouk's novel "Don't stop the Carnival"!

Always spray your legs with Deep Woods Off (WITH DEET) before 3 pm from the knees down every day. If you don't you will regret it the next morning!
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Masses travel to Club O Beach - 04/26/2015 05:53 PM

I noticed them in the fall, but NOT the winter... They seemed to come out close to sunset.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline