TravelTalkOnline

Club O Beach Rules

Posted By: loislynn

Club O Beach Rules - 04/30/2015 05:09 PM

I was wondering what the protocol is for being on the Club O portion of Orient Beach if you are not a naturist. I'm asking because I read on here about a blowhole that is (I think) down on that end of the beach and I would like to try to find it.

Is it bad form to walk down that part of the beach if you are not a naturist?

Is the blowhole real? If it exists - is that where we would find it?

Thanks so much!
Posted By: RCJH

Re: Club O Beach Rules - 04/30/2015 05:28 PM

I don't know anything about a blowhole, but I do know that a lot of people walk that beach and will lay out and get chairs with their full swimsuits on. Seems like people from cruise ships especially, will walk down out of curiosity, may spend a few minutes, and then leave.
Posted By: Sunset_Sammy

Re: Club O Beach Rules - 04/30/2015 05:32 PM

Just don't stare or point and laugh uncontrollably like my girlfriend does when I go au natural, and definitely NO CAMERAS
Posted By: sxmdoc

Re: Club O Beach Rules - 04/30/2015 05:35 PM

Be courteous and respectful (i.e. don't stare, make comments, take photos) and it won't matter how you are dressed. --sxmdoc
Posted By: Barbara

Re: Club O Beach Rules - 04/30/2015 05:42 PM

beaches are public. you are free to walk. Club O does not own the beach.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club O Beach Rules - 04/30/2015 05:42 PM

As others have said, it doesn't matter whether you wear clothes or not, you are perfectly fine to walk down Club O beach. Just be respectful of others and no cameras.

With regard to the blow hole, I think they are talking about somewhere that is over between LeGallion and the Club O beach. If you're not a naturist, it might be easier to walk over from the LeGallion end.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Club O Beach Rules - 04/30/2015 06:14 PM

It's at the far end of the beach, past the watersports and massage places. Don't even think of going there w/o good footwear, the rocks are sharp. It's worth the walk.
Posted By: Klundy

Re: Club O Beach Rules - 05/02/2015 11:59 AM

The blow hole is real .... but it is not always "operational". I think in 12 years, we have only seen it twice. Depends on the waves - which depends on the wind and season.

It's still worth the visit. OB is one of the loveliest beaches around. Be prepared for some good natured coaxing - beads or shots for top off, etc. But no one will care. The only thing that will get you in trouble is taking pictures that could include people.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline