TravelTalkOnline

Westin Beach

Posted By: gracie105

Westin Beach - 05/05/2015 03:26 PM

Someone posted awhile ago there was a machine removing seaweed. Does anyone know if it helped? I know most of you don't stay at the Westin but just wondering if anyone had any information. Thanks
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Westin Beach - 05/05/2015 05:12 PM

When we were there in February, most all of the seaweed at Dawn Beach was at the northern end, the other side of the 'rocks' from the beach at the Westin. I walked the beach at the Westin several times and even though there was seaweed on the north end, there was none at the south end, probably due the prevailing current flow.

The backhoe was cleaning the north end of the beach daily.

Re: Westin Beach - 05/05/2015 05:25 PM

Mikel said:
When we were there in February, most all of the seaweed at Dawn Beach was at the northern end, the other side of the 'rocks' from the beach at the Westin. I walked the beach at the Westin several times and even though there was seaweed on the north end, there was none at the south end, probably due the prevailing current flow.

The backhoe was cleaning the north end of the beach daily.

Thanks we will be there end of July..
Posted By: shorebilly

Re: Westin Beach - 05/06/2015 12:53 AM

We were there in October, tons of seaweed over by Busbys but none in front of Weston.

Re: Westin Beach - 05/06/2015 03:46 PM

I feel bad for Mr. Busbys they get hit hard with the seaweed.
Posted By: genio67

Re: Westin Beach - 05/06/2015 03:53 PM

We were at Mr. Busby's last Thursday and there was very little seaweed if any at all. My kids were in the water there for a few hours and it was great.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline