TravelTalkOnline

Ocean Club all you can eat rib question

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/13/2015 02:01 AM

Are they still doing this Wednesday nights?
Posted By: kevyjk

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/13/2015 11:30 AM

yes, $15.00 all you can eat, great ribs
Posted By: DonLinda

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/13/2015 12:11 PM

Sal (from the grill) sent me an email yesterday saying that they had a great high season and looks forward to seeing us in June. ~don

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/13/2015 12:44 PM

Think we are going there tonight. Got to get my rib fix.
Posted By: bksm

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/13/2015 02:30 PM

We had their ribs last Wed. They add a 15% automatic tip and they don't take credit cards.

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 01:47 AM

Just got back. Ribs were just ok. Only bad thing was the waitress spilled a whole glass of red wine on our guest. Said she was sorry and that was it. Brought a can of club soda and said use this. She never came back to check out the clean up. After dinner we asked about cleaning the top (expensive one) so she went to find out. Along comes Mike who was totally in the bag to rectify things by offering to clean the top if we bring it by the next day and then have to come back a couple of days later to pick it up. Not staying close by it would be a hassle doing that. He didn't want to do much else but did settle to take something off the bill. Probably would have been a better conversation if he wasn't so drunk but o well.
I would go back again if the food was better but there are much better places to go to.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 02:14 AM

Sorry about your experience. If you're still in the mood for ribs, Mark's has a very nice all you can eat ribs. And there is a place almost by the Simpson Bay Bridge that does all you can eat ribs that is very good, although the name escapes me at the moment.
Posted By: Sungoddess

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 08:52 AM

I thought I was the only one who didn't like his ribs. I went in January with friends, he liked them...I'm just too spoiled with Mark's

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 10:49 AM

Yes, Marks are very good and so are Lee's. Been both places already this week. We also like the takeout at Captain D's. I've also heard good things about Harbor Queen but have yet to try them. Giving ribs a break for now. Still have three weeks to go. BBQing wild Alaska King salmon that I caught and brought with me tonight at our place for guests. I do it every year. It's tradition.
Posted By: Bobcat

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 11:13 AM

Scubaman - the Thursday night all you can eat BBQ at Divi has always been good - with live island show - Thursday evening at 6:30pm. There will be BBQ ribs, chicken,fish, baked potatoes, pasta, veggies, corn on the cob, rice, salads, desserts, coffee, tea and entertainment. Very nice down by the beach.

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 11:18 AM

Yes it is good. Went there last year and enjoyed it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 11:50 AM

Yes, Harbor Queen, that's it. And their baked beans are the bomb!
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/14/2015 12:19 PM

We always make Marks a must do for his ribs. Last week we went for my wife's rib fix, and they were terrible. My wife couldn't eat one rib, they were so tough she couldn't even separate them with a knife. When we asked the waiter what happened to the ribs he said he was sorry, a lot of people were complaining, but Mark was buying his meat from Spain instead of Argentina where he usually buys. The ribs didn't even look like Marks. I think they just weren't prepared right. Maybe breaking in a knew grill person. Nothing off the bill, just an I'm sorry. This won't change our opinion of Marks, we love it. We'll just chalk it up.
Posted By: WWII

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/16/2015 06:31 PM

Really enjoyed the HArbor Queen Ribs. I forget when their "all you can eat" night is.
Posted By: SXMSAMMY

Re: Ocean Club all you can eat rib question - 05/18/2015 01:40 PM

Just looked at the Harbour Queen menu, and it doesn't say what night the all you can eat ribs are on, so wouldn't mean every night? $24.95....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline