TravelTalkOnline

Where on Orient Besides Club O in June

Posted By: Jag2596

Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/24/2015 01:01 PM

With all the impending construction coming in June, where is best place to spend a day on Orient Beach besides Club O? I've heard Kakao and Palm Beach are nice, I believe they will not be affected by construction., where would you recommend?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/24/2015 01:25 PM

Hi. Check out this thread.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/24/2015 04:35 PM

Any of the beach bars from Kon Tiki north will be nice. All charge in the $ 20 range for two chairs and an umbrella, with the exception of Palm Beach, where chairs are free if you dine there. We like Kakao because of its central location, GP's KO Bar, the friendly beach boys, and the excellent restaurant. But honestly, they're all great; it's just about what you like.

Re: Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/25/2015 03:08 AM

So Kakao charges for chairs even eat there? Not a deal breaker...I'd rather just have a couple of drinks and a light snack than a big lunch some days. I think the location sounds great, and I'd like to check it out,...will it be crowded on a weekday in June? If we got there mid afternoon would we have a problem getting chairs?
Posted By: daveb7

Re: Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/25/2015 11:04 AM

Check the cruise ship schedule for the Port of Phillipsburg web site, it will give you an idea of how many cruise ships will be in port.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/25/2015 12:42 PM

Mid afternoon is probably not going to be a problem getting chairs. But I think it's difficult to know what is going to happen anywhere on Orient after June, until they actually start construction.

Re: Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/25/2015 01:04 PM

daveb7 said:

Check the cruise ship schedule for the Port of Phillipsburg web site, it will give you an idea of how many cruise ships will be in port.

I checked. Fortunately, there's only 1 ship in port each day that week, and on the Friday there's none, so I'm keeping Friday in mind as the best day to go.
Posted By: gotaluvit

Re: Where on Orient Besides Club O in June - 05/27/2015 11:39 PM

My only confusion is that the far end of CLub O is a good 1/2 mile from the construction site, much further than Kakao or Kon Tiki are??
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline