TravelTalkOnline

Taxi prices.

Posted By: encpirate

Taxi prices. - 05/28/2015 01:15 AM

First trip to SXM, cruises to here have convinced us that this is a must go to vacation. Have not booked anything yet but leaning toward booking GCBC for five nights in May 2016 because of the convenience to the great restaurants recommended by you and minimal transportation costs to same. It is apparent that the regular visitors to SXM rent a car. This is our first trip and will likely rely on taxis to get around the island. If this were a 2 week or more stay I would consider a rental, but I usually like to spend a few hours driving around to orient myself to the area and I do not want to spend that time on a short trip. So for planning my budget what should I expect to pay for a cab ride for two to Orient Beach ( at least two days there) and then what are cab fares in general if we just wanted to explore the island. In that regard what are "must sees" on a first visit to the island and would booking a tour be more economical.
Posted By: gd1147

Re: Taxi prices. - 05/28/2015 01:37 AM

I would seriously suggest to rent a car. It not nothing to be afraid of or need hours of orientation to get used to. There is literally one main road that loops the island with turn off to the various beaches. In May you should be able to get a car for $20 a day. One way taxi from GC to Orient is $15 for 2 people. SXM is the first foreign country I drove in and was nervous my first time, but after pulling out of the rental car lot I realized it was no big deal.

http://taxistmaarten.com/zones-rates/
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline