TravelTalkOnline

Stray dog problem Donations?

Posted By: Walt

Stray dog problem Donations? - 05/30/2015 09:58 PM

We want to make a donation to help the struggling animals, we saw a hut that said Animal Welfare League are they legitimate?
It's sad to see so many sick dogs. The French announced that as of June 1st all dogs not fenced in or on a leash will be captured, they did state what was going to happen to them but we can all guess.
Posted By: Barbara

Re: Stray dog problem Donations? - 05/30/2015 10:47 PM

the hut that is Animal Welfare Foundation by Chesterfield's? very legitimate..do good work
also here is the link to the only local shelter on the island on the French side.It is a no kill shelter.
you can donate online or go visit the shelter and donate.
http://www.ilovemyislanddog.org/home
they do such good work and can use any and all donations.
there are other organizations also on the island that try to alleviate the problem
Posted By: pony600

Re: Stray dog problem Donations? - 05/31/2015 12:32 AM

We always visit Ursula and make a donation to the I Love My Island Dog shelter. This April, we adopted a wonderful little dog named Ralphi & brought him home with us. It's one of the best decisions we've ever made!
Posted By: biglar

Re: Stray dog problem Donations? - 05/31/2015 12:33 AM

Bernadine, who has a small rum shop next to Paradise View Creperie, takes in stray dogs and cats. We always drop off a large bag or two of food on each visit. She would appreciate any donation to help with the strays. Her strays all seem to love her and most are up for adoption.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Stray dog problem Donations? - 05/31/2015 04:47 AM

+1 for I Love My Island Dog. We stopped by to donate some dog and cat food and ended up bringing back a kitty. Ursula does a great job.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline