TravelTalkOnline

Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals

Posted By: wilsonck

Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 01:45 PM

The Daily Herald has a story about the taxi and bus drivers being upset about water taxis going to Maho and car rental companies renting large vans. I can't say I have ever seen a water taxi going to Maho. Where would they get dropped off? Anyone ever seen a water taxi letting people off in Maho?

Also, don't know why they are upset about vans being available from car rental companies. I don't see anything wrong with that. Someone willing to pay $40-$50 a day for a van rental is not going to take a taxi or bus.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 02:16 PM

The water taxis I GUESS are related to cruise ship traffic, although I don't recall ever seeing a water taxi going to Maho either. Perhaps they drop people off at Maho for Sunset? No idea. As far as larger vans, can't say why that would be an issue, unless they're saying that the car rental guys need a different type of a license to rent a van?? Dunno.
Posted By: Barbara

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 03:37 PM

there is a new boat tour, catering mostly to cruise ship passengers

http://www.airportadventuresxm.com/
Posted By: LONGISLANDSHARON

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 03:48 PM

But in my mind, the new boat tour doesn't equate to a 'water taxi'. It's not like they are dropping you off at Maho....you only sit out on the water. JMO

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 03:50 PM

Pretty amazing!!!

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 03:54 PM

I can see why the taxi drivers are p*ssed off though, as they will get less people taking a taxi to Sunset, since this is available.
Posted By: LONGISLANDSHARON

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 06:35 PM

Agree, 100%!!
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 06:42 PM

There will be a lot less taxis to Sunset if and when Alegria's plans for a dock complex culminate. Of course, they may be replaced by people going to Alegria from the airport.
Posted By: Cwermuthjr

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 07:01 PM

There is a water taxi from Aquamarina (Maho area) to Marigot, etc,,,

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 07:49 PM

I'm confused as to how that would affect it. They can't build directly in front of the runway, which is where everyone hangs out.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/05/2015 10:59 PM

I am guessing because Sunset B&G will be no longer there should the plan play out. Unlikely in my opinion but who knows.
Posted By: ravi

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/06/2015 12:31 AM

When we looked at apartments in AquaMarina last year around this time, we were told that the water taxi service from there no longer existed. Is your information more recent?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/06/2015 01:26 AM

Wife did it with a guest two weeks ago to Marigot through Aqua Mania. Also last year in May.

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/06/2015 01:46 AM

OK, well, who knows if Sunset has an enforceable lease with those people..
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Water taxis to Maho / Large vans rentals - 06/06/2015 01:53 AM

Taxi parking area would be gone. SSBB is under contract to Alegria and that would not be renewed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline