TravelTalkOnline

Returning to Club O ....questions

Posted By: BobMar2k15

Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 01:54 AM

We'll be heading down again, after a year and a half away. I've been reading about the changes to Papagayo and am wondering about the current status. Can you dine in the deck area near the water where they've poured concrete underneath to shore it up? Also, we like to sit out at night and would like to know if we should bring a mosquito lamp. How's the beach these days? Anyone else going July 19-26?
Posted By: jiminboston

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 02:08 AM

1. The deck area that was closed due to Gonzalo damage is open again.
2. We have been here for three weeks and not bothered by mosquitos or other bugs. This may be due to the fairly strong winds (sort of like the Christmas Breeze of January).
3. Beach is severely eroded near Papagayo but ok from about Unit 48 to the Perch and beyond.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 02:49 AM

Hey Jim, not to change the subject, but what's going on with the construction project down the beach?
Posted By: thatisi

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 03:18 AM

Heading to Orient Beach soon, Club O. Does anyone know how the seaweed is there? And the other beaches too? I have read that it's been a problem at Dawn Beach.
Posted By: sxmBoston

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 12:52 PM

We are here now. Nothing much has changed in the past week regarding the construction. I'll try to take some updated photos today or tomorrow

The seaweed is nasty once you get near Coco's. We stop our early AM walks once we get that because the smell is almost overwhelming. We did see a Gendarme van yesterday at 730 or so at Pedro's.

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 01:17 PM

OK, thanks!
Posted By: RogerAndBeth

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 01:25 PM

Yesterday a big backhoe was cleaning up debris. I'll post some pictures when I return. It is essentially flat sandy land now. The guy was done working about 2 or 3.

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 01:28 PM

OK, I thought from previous pictures that the debris had already been all cleaned up, but I guess not.
Posted By: PnPinNC

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 03:53 PM

They are sifting through the sand for the smaller debris - were doing that most of the day yesterday. There was a survey crew out there yesterday afternoon. Saw them with the GPS antenna, but do not see any stakes in the ground. The area looks really strange. LOVE the open space, but sure do miss the establishments that were there. I've taken some pictures, but as someone earlier said there really is no noticable change.

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 03:54 PM

OK, glad they are being so thorough with cleaning up the sand.
Posted By: DarkDiggler

Re: Returning to Club O ....questions - 07/14/2015 07:21 PM

How are the crowds further down the beach w the restaurants gone?

As the hijack continues...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline