TravelTalkOnline

St Maarten wedding

Posted By: funsue

St Maarten wedding - 07/14/2015 11:01 AM

My son and future daughter in law would like to get married in SXM . Can anyone suggest a nice place for the wedding and reception? Freferrably on the Dutch side.
Posted By: extreme

Re: St Maarten wedding - 07/14/2015 11:53 AM

I know it's not on the dutch side but I can't think of a better place than Dreams in Baie Nettlé !!
Posted By: candu

Re: St Maarten wedding - 07/14/2015 12:08 PM

Make sure they know all the rules. Permission from Lt Governor is required and can take 2 months.
wedding requirements
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: St Maarten wedding - 07/14/2015 12:16 PM

They should thoroughly resarch the formalities involved, which are different on the French versus Dutch side. If possible, consider getting them married at home in a civil ceremony and just celebrate it on SXM, much easier all the way around. And I would agree, Dreams would be lovely.

Also see this thread

and this one
Posted By: ColinsMema

Re: St Maarten wedding - 07/14/2015 12:49 PM

My son and DIL got married last year in St. Maarten. Best Wedding Ever!!!!! I highly recommend The Summit Resort for a destination wedding. Evans the manager can handle all the details. Our ceremony took place on Mullet Bay and couldn't have been more beautiful! Call Evans at the Summit and tell them Kathy and John say Hi
Posted By: rybrats

Re: St Maarten wedding - 07/15/2015 01:13 AM

My now wife and I got married in SXM in May. We had the wedding and reception at La Samanna and it was spectacular. They hired a pastor from a church on the French side and it was great. We got married before we went, but no one knew besides our wedding planner and the pastor. He conducted the normal traditional ceremony, and we even got a certificate recognizing our marriage. We had 95 guests including us. Most stayed at La Samanna and they gave excellent room rates. Since it was a destination wedding and so many people turned out we decided to invite everyone to the rehearsal dinner. We had the rehearsal dinner at Dreams and it was beyond amazing. People called it the wedding before the wedding. David and Bruno are great. The food and bar packages they have are great. It was a wonderful evening before the big day. We also hired Cover to Cover to perform at Dreams. Bob and his bandmate are great and they really turned the party up a notch. Please feel message me for any more details. I would be happy help.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline