TravelTalkOnline

restaurant on road to pine ferry

Posted By: RonDon

restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/16/2015 11:29 AM

If anyone remembers Grain de Sol on left of road to Pinel ferry, can you tell me if there is still a restaurant there, name, and if it is good. We loved Grain de Sol's pizza and the reasonable entrees but a few years ago it wasn't as good and we were told it had changed hands.

Wondering if we should add it to our 2016 list along with Le Taitu, a favorite. Also heard Sol e Luna sold. How is it now?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/16/2015 04:13 PM

I don't know where Grain de Sol was, but in June I ate at Jam Rock, which is on the way to the Pinel ferry, left side of road. Parking available across the street. Local/Creole cooking; very good. Lots of fish on the menu, caught daily by the cook's husband.
Posted By: Brooklyn

Re: restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/16/2015 06:52 PM

Grain de Sol is long gone. If you want great pizza, follow that road toward the ferry and on the right is pizza restaurant. Tables on the porch. Great pizza and food and nice people.
Posted By: tbaybob

Re: restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/16/2015 07:32 PM

The pizza restaurant is Villa Pizza.Excellent well priced meals.We had grilled mahi,lamb shank plus four glasses wine for$60 in May.Best meal of trip

Re: restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/16/2015 08:00 PM

Thanks Jazzgal. I'll try Jam Rock.

And Lamb Shanks sounds great tbaybob. It wasn't really pizza I was looking for just that I remembered taking a pizza out from Grain de Sol.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/16/2015 08:20 PM

Villa Pizza is excellent. Not fancy looking, but the food is tasty, the prices are reasonable, and the service friendly.
Posted By: dane

Re: restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/16/2015 08:22 PM

Le Grain de Poivre is now at the site of Au Grain de Sel. It opened a few months ago. I have yet to try it, but the menu sounds similar to its predecessor. It has a few good reviews on Tripadvisor, but not enough yet to determine whether they are genuine.

If you are looking for excellent Neopolitan-style pizza, try Aglio e Olio at the intersection of the Blvd de Grand Case and the main road.

Re: restaurant on road to pine ferry - 07/17/2015 11:02 AM

Le Grain de Sel was great but we ate there when they had just sold and hadn't changed the name and it wasn't so good---had to send dish back undercooked so I figured if they continued that way it would eventually close that's why I asked. The new owner was from Morocco.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline