TravelTalkOnline

Roland Richardson

Posted By: CaribLee

Roland Richardson - 07/16/2015 10:48 PM

Went to his home/studio today to watch him paint. In four hours he painted a beautiful 18 X 30 oil original. There were only 6 of us there and he was very engaged with us and a total delight. He is an island treasure. If you have not gone on a Thursday to watch and interact with him, you have missed a real treat.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 02:22 AM

Did anyone of the 6 people there purchase the painting?
Posted By: kim

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 11:10 AM

I have a picture of his that I stumbled upon on eBay!! When I get home I will try to post a picture. It's of an old bridge in Grand Case I think his wife said. It's not a painting and of course I forget what it is called. But I like it!!

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 12:18 PM

Not sure if anyone bought it but my wife wants to go back today to see if we can purchase it. Hope we can afford it.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 07:07 PM

Good Luck in acquiring the painting! It will have special meaning since you were present for the actual painting.
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 08:04 PM

Great gallery and property, happy we happened upon it during our walk!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DonLinda

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 09:53 PM

A few years ago, at his studio in La Samanna, he took a full hour with us, as drop in/walk thru visitors, to demonstrate his prisms of light and how he uses them to adapt colors for his paints. A wonderful man who loves to share and teach. We have a couple of his small paintings in our kitchen.
Posted By: kish

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 11:31 PM

Where is his studio?

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/17/2015 11:43 PM

It was and probably is still at La Samanna.

http://www.rolandrichardson.com/
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/18/2015 12:36 AM

We've done it several times -- it is an incredible pleasure!
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/18/2015 10:17 AM

His studio is in Marigot. The photo in the post above was taken in the gallery courtyard. I agree. He gives you a lot of time and I took an excellent photo of him several years ago. We purchased a print of Mullet Beach which we hung in our living room. He also paints at La Samanna. I believe he gives a class there.

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/18/2015 12:19 PM

Correct...I assumed everyone knew the Marigot location and the question was about La Samanna....

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/18/2015 07:23 PM

Found out today when talking to Laura, the studio in Marigot is not their home. They actually live in Cupecoy. Must say Laura is one of the nicest people you will meet.
Posted By: kim

Re: Roland Richardson - 07/18/2015 11:13 PM

Not sure if this will work, tried to take a picture of my picture, but it has glare, its an etching and can't remember the year. <a href="" class="post-image" style="height:...mportant;"/></a>]grand case bridge
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline