TravelTalkOnline

Parking at Club O

Posted By: RetiredHappy

Parking at Club O - 10/01/2015 08:59 PM

In the past, for a day trip to the Club O beach, we've parked our car along the wall near the restrooms, Andy & Cheryl's, etc. With the construction going on in that area where are folks parking their cars? Thanks for your input.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/01/2015 09:40 PM

Club O has it's own parking lot.
Posted By: DavidinChelseaMA

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 10:11 AM

pony600 said:
Club O has it's own parking lot.

I thought that Club O's parking lot was only for guests who were staying there, not for people renting a chair and umbrella from the place for an afternoon.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 11:36 AM

Anybody can park at the lot. There is a lot of parking there. Then you walk by the guard shack and then the path that takes you right to the Perch. It is a little longer walk than parking by the wall at Pedros but not that much longer. Then you also have the showers by the guard shack that you can use prior to leaving, that is nice.

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 12:00 PM

Good to know ! Thanks !!!
Posted By: Brooklyn

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 01:15 PM

Big difference is that Club O parking is not free. Parking along the wall was free last time we used it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 01:15 PM

It depends on the time of year. Off season, the parking at Club O is free.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 02:32 PM

Parked there free every day last week. The walk was hot but you can decide for yourself how much to wear while walking. You can dip in the water after your walk to the beach and rinse off at the showers after the walk back. Is there a better place to enjoy the beach anywhere on the planet?

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 10:10 PM

Actually, come to think of it, the two times we went to Orient Beach, if I recall correctly, the parking lot pretty much ended behind Pedros, and we parked along a wall, and walked out toward the beach and then right toward Club O to rent chairs and an umbrella. There did not seem to be any access from where we were parked, to any Club O parking lot. Wish there was a map showing their parking lot. EDIT: I check google maps and I see a parking lot way in the back of Club O. That must be it.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 10:13 PM

DavidinChelseaMA said:
Actually, come to think of it, the two times we went to Orient Beach, if I recall correctly, the parking lot pretty much ended behind Pedros, and we parked along a wall, and walked out toward the beach and then right toward Club O to rent chairs and an umbrella. There did not seem to be any access from where we were parked, to any Club O parking lot. Wish there was a map showing their parking lot. frown

Just before you get to Pedros there is a long concrete wall running off to the right - away from the water. That is the end wall of Club Orient. There is a dirt road running alongside the wall...take it. At the end of the wall turn left you are there!

Look at Club Orient on Google Earth...you will see it!

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/02/2015 10:24 PM

Bill_S said:
DavidinChelseaMA said:
Actually, come to think of it, the two times we went to Orient Beach, if I recall correctly, the parking lot pretty much ended behind Pedros, and we parked along a wall, and walked out toward the beach and then right toward Club O to rent chairs and an umbrella. There did not seem to be any access from where we were parked, to any Club O parking lot. Wish there was a map showing their parking lot. frown

Just before you get to Pedros there is a long concrete wall running off to the right - away from the water. That is the end wall of Club Orient. There is a dirt road running alongside the wall...take it. At the end of the wall turn left you are there!

Look at Club Orient on Google Earth...you will see it!

Thanks...!
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/03/2015 04:08 PM

Guests staying at the resort have parking available inside the guarded gate, and near their units.
Posted By: candj

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/06/2015 05:58 PM

If you are a non Club O guest, and you rent your umbrella and chairs for the week, you get free parking for that week.
Posted By: sumbeach

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/06/2015 10:48 PM

From your original question, things are about the same. There is room for about 8 cars pulling in or backing up against the wall, and room for about 4 cars parking horizontally. But they fill up quickly, by about 10:00. Don't know about the Club O parking.
Posted By: Fred_Ziffel

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/07/2015 11:29 AM

That is correct .. free parking now .. just pay for chairs/umbrella
Posted By: gotaluvit

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/07/2015 09:38 PM

There was also parking in the "junk heap" in the same general area but that may be cleaned up with the new units. I would say 5 cars worth.
Posted By: RetiredHappy

Re: Parking at Club O - 10/07/2015 10:58 PM

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that was still the case. We'll be there October 31. If it isn't available we can try the Club O option.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline