TravelTalkOnline

Status of 3 arrested Syrians

Posted By: KayMike

Status of 3 arrested Syrians - 11/19/2015 03:05 AM

What happened to them in court? Now curious as to where they had been before Haiti!...has anyone seen pictures of those 3?
I ask because of what happened today in Honduras: 5 Syrians with fake (stolen #) passports arrested upon deplaning -- they had traveled through Lebanon, Turkey, Brazil, Argentina & Costa Rica prior to arriving in Honduras!!! Pictures on internet CNN & Fox: clean-shaven, short-hair, handsome young men...enroute to US!!! Now just where do 5+3 men get the $$$ to get all these plane tickets?? These guys are hardly "refugees"!! (When thousands are having to go on rickety rafts on the Med Sea to get to Greece?)
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Status of 3 arrested Syrians - 11/19/2015 12:18 PM

We only hear about the very few they catch. Imagine how many are getting through that we don't know about. Once they make it to Central America or Mexico, they jump on the North bound
rail system and head to the "land of plenty".
Posted By: JulieandKarl

Re: Status of 3 arrested Syrians - 11/19/2015 12:48 PM

As the moderator stated the other day, we cannot discuss this on this board
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Status of 3 arrested Syrians - 11/19/2015 01:19 PM

The original post was a valid question which I was also wondering about.

The response had nothing to do with "politics or religion" and also seemed reasonable to me. Just my thoughts and also wondering what happened to them

Edited to add: Carol and the Mods are very good at determining what is inappropriate for this forum.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Status of 3 arrested Syrians - 11/19/2015 02:21 PM

The 3 Syrians will be detained for 8 additional days.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Status of 3 arrested Syrians - 11/19/2015 02:23 PM

And, since the question has been answered and anything else at this point is pure speculation, will end this one here.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline