TravelTalkOnline

Bakery La Sucriere Simpson Bay by Fed Ex

Posted By: turqwater

Bakery La Sucriere Simpson Bay by Fed Ex - 11/29/2015 12:12 PM

This has long been my favorite bakery on the island. Went there this morning around 715 am and got the usual almond, plain and choc croissants. Just not the same. Are there new owners or a new baker?
Anyone else had the same experience?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Bakery La Sucriere Simpson Bay by Fed Ex - 11/29/2015 12:44 PM

I did not notice any difference in March but things can change quickly. One of my favorite places also.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Bakery La Sucriere Simpson Bay by Fed Ex - 11/29/2015 01:21 PM

We have never been there. Have you ever checked out la croissanterie in marina Royale at Margot? can't miss there.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Bakery La Sucriere Simpson Bay by Fed Ex - 11/29/2015 01:26 PM

Yes, but if staying in Simpson Bay area I am not going to drive to Marigot just for pastries.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Bakery La Sucriere Simpson Bay by Fed Ex - 11/29/2015 02:56 PM

We alternated between La Suciere and Bon Appetit in pelican/ Simpson bay resort area. Both were great but found it easier to walk the short distance to Bon Appetit and watch croissants come out of oven and into my to go bag. We ordered take home sandwiches from la Suciere for plane ride and they Did not disappoint us. As with anywhere on island. Things can happen in same place day to day. This was 10/24-31 this year.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Bakery La Sucriere Simpson Bay by Fed Ex - 11/29/2015 03:02 PM

I have heard from an island resident that there are two pastry chefs there and one is better than the other. One day pastries are great and bread is crusty and another day it might be the opposite.Perhaps you struck the wrong day. I had a similar experience there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline