TravelTalkOnline

Sand at Orient Bay

Posted By: Yogini

Sand at Orient Bay - 12/24/2015 02:48 AM

I heard the beach got pretty small from erosion. Are there any plans to bring in more sand to expand it? I guess there is only room for one row of chairs. It sure will be hard to rent one at Club O. Any news or ideas?
Posted By: NakedAsAJaybird

Re: Sand at Orient Bay - 12/24/2015 05:48 AM

The beach is smaller, yes, but this happens a lot. No need to worry about getting a chair on Club O beach. They have 2-3 rows of chairs halfway between The Perch and Papaguyos. You can always buy your own and bring it with you. Certainly is cheaper than spending $20 / day for 2 people. Even if you pay $40 for a lounger at Ace, you would still save $60 in 7 days, then just leave them for someone else. Pay it forward kind of thing. And, don't worry, beach will return. The beach has been smaller in years past and no sand has ever been brought in. I doubt it would do any good anyway, the ocean would take it just like it does now. Have fun and just enjoy.
Posted By: Yogini

Re: Sand at Orient Bay - 12/24/2015 02:25 PM

Thanks NakedAsAJaybird!! Might buy chairs!
Posted By: steveandcindylou

Re: Sand at Orient Bay - 12/25/2015 12:24 AM

Just a thought. Club O grooms the beach every day. They also provide security throughout the day and night. Chairs can be rented individually for $7, or 2 chairs with an umbrella for $20. We usually rent just 2 chairs, when not staying at Club O. They are included when staying there. Do what you can afford to support Club Orient. It is one of the nicest beaches and the people are great.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline