TravelTalkOnline

Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde

Posted By: RunnernReader

Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 09:53 PM

Been to SXM 18 times but never with this dilemma: Selling our house and may need to receive and send FAXs .. or be able to download/print/scan/send legal documents. (OK ..we're not missing 5 weeks in SXM!!!!)

Do you know of a location/business on the Fr. side that can accommodate! ... Merci Beaucoup!
Posted By: dlbert

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 10:19 PM

I would recommend getting a Fax to Email service. Then all you need is a Wifi connection and you will get your faxes by email and be able to send them from your PC. I would recommend buying a small scanner also.
Posted By: kim

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 10:39 PM

You could also get a "docusign" app, where you set up your signature so you do not need to print, sign, scan/fax. Just have the documents emailed. I have contracts emailed to me, sign right on my iPhone and send back. Getting to the point I may get rid of my fax machine as everything is emailed or scanned

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 10:46 PM

Thanks ... but a Canadian Real Estate Contract requires MULTI-signatures ALL OVER the document .... often 12- 20 pages ,... and perhaps as many as 20 signatures
i need to DOWNLOAD ... then consider ..the COUNTER-OFFER ... and all documents must stand up in CDN COURT!

SO .... FAX is best ... I am not buying a scanner!!!!!! ... I need either a FAX service or SCAN service .(not being RUDE ,,, I'm a nice Cdn after all!) BUT IS THERE ONE?

Thanks to ALL ..and ...at this time of year ..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 10:54 PM

Well that sure did come across as rude as I was suggesting an alternative and unless you need to have documents notarized than this sort of app works great, all real estate contracts require multiple signatures and it isn't any different than a faxed document. Maybe the Mail Box in Simpson Bay may have what you need - but that's on the Dutch side. Good Night
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 11:23 PM

Have you considered giving your agent power of attorney? Under the circumstances, that might be the best solution. He or she could email the offers to you, and you could instruct him or her via email how to respond. You'd have a record to your instructions, and you'd not be faced with having to run all over the island to print out and fax multiple pages.
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 11:39 PM

Not sure where you are staying but most resorts or timeshares would likely provide this service to their guests given your situation and provided you asked politely.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 11:45 PM

I thought about suggesting that but with the turn this thread was taking I decided against it. One might offer to pay a reasonable amount for services/phone charges but it is a reasonable possibility.

I guess if the deal is big enough or has that big of consequences, one should be willing to pay up in order to make it happen.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/28/2015 11:51 PM

Yes, you can definitely sign up for a fax to email service, in the US, and I assume there is a similar service in Canada that you can sign up for. There are a million of them, like efax, for instance. They can cost from as low as $5 a month, but I don't know how much the cost would be, if you only needed it for a couple of months, or one month. You can definitely RECEIVE faxes into your email account and SEND faxes from email. The only question would be whether you need to scan in the documents after they're signed or something, in order to send them. Otherwise, sending and receiving faxes through email is a snap.
Posted By: Chuck_Morton

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/29/2015 12:38 AM

For what it's worth, I just googled docusign for Real Estate transactions in Canada and the pages I read indicate it is WIDELY used in Canada. I think Kim's suggestion is valid.

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/29/2015 12:42 AM

Chuck_Morton said:
For what it's worth, I just googled docusign for Real Estate transactions in Canada and the pages I read indicate it is WIDELY used in Canada. I think Kim's suggestion is valid.

Thank you!! Docusign is the best!!!! Once you do the initial setting up of your signatures you can work from anywhere!!! Like Mullet!! wink
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/29/2015 01:19 PM

We went through the same situation a few years ago as we were selling our home and wanting to still do our SXM vacation. We gave our lawyer a power of attorney and it worked well for the time we were on the island. I'm sorry that I can't answer your original question, but that is how we handled it. The only place I know of to actually send and receive faxes is Mail Boxes on the Dutch side.
Posted By: WorkerBee

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/29/2015 02:00 PM

We had similar situation a few years ago. We found a notary in Marigot that was a law office also. They printed the docs, notarized our signatures, faxed them. They also didn't charge, nice people. I don't rememeber the name of the place, we just looked up notary.

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/29/2015 02:08 PM

Thanks to all replies! Kim's suggestion of Mailbox works the best for us.
We can easily receive the offer through our email (we received our first offer while in China and were able to send back using Business Services in our hotel).
Our realtor prefers FAX return and you've solved our problem, Kim. Thank you!
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Sending and receiving FAX's French SIde - 12/29/2015 03:45 PM

Actual old-school fax is right up-to-date 1996 technology. Perhaps your real estate office needs to get a bit more current?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline