TravelTalkOnline

Phenix Car Rental- tropicana?

Posted By: the captain

Phenix Car Rental- tropicana? - 01/15/2016 04:51 AM

I usually use more well known car rental companies but wanted to try something local. And Leslie and I were unable to coordinate dates.

I got an email back in October from a Roberto and Mickey of Phenix Rental. Apparently they are both formerly from Tropicana car rental.

Anyone here use them before or heard of them?
Posted By: WWII

Re: Phenix Car Rental- tropicana? - 01/15/2016 04:55 AM

We rent from Mickey every year. We've had good service, so we've not switched to anyone else.
Posted By: SharonfromSXM

Re: Phenix Car Rental- tropicana? - 01/16/2016 07:07 PM

Since I have my own car here I have no dog in the fight with car rental companies, however, several customers of mine have had problems with Mickey this year. One customer had a reservation from 10 months ago & has used him for years yet when they arrived no car & no Mickey. They saw someone from the same company & asked him was he there for them. He told them he was not but called Mickey who said I have no car for you so take a taxi & I will try to get you a car tomorrow. This woman is here with her elderly mother using a walker & this was not satisfactory to her so they drove her all around & finally took her to another car rental agency to get a car. I personally do not think that that is particularly good service. The others also arrived with no one there & then to find out there was no car for them.
Posted By: WWII

Re: Phenix Car Rental- tropicana? - 01/17/2016 03:00 AM

Well that's disturbing news.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline