TravelTalkOnline

Zitka in PRico

Posted By: RonDon

Zitka in PRico - 01/19/2016 08:51 PM

I just left my doctor's office and in the process of discussing out trip to SXM he said the first case of Zitka was reported in Puerto Rico Dec 31, 2015.

So be sure to use repellent and try to avoid those mosquitoes.
Posted By: mort

Re: Zitka in PRico - 01/19/2016 10:31 PM

Reported case in Florida on the news today
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Zitka in PRico - 01/20/2016 01:29 AM

The florida cases were from travel to Columbia and Venezuela. Not contracted in Florida i do not know if the Puerto Rican case was contracted in Puerto Rico
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Zitka in PRico - 01/20/2016 01:38 AM

There are quite a few cases in Colombia right now. My grandson had it 2 weeks ago.

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: Zitka in PRico - 01/20/2016 01:41 AM

We're on island now, been here since Sunday at pelican. We haven't so much as seen one mosquito. Hope it stays like this. Maybe it's too hot for them. The weather is beautiful.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Zitka in PRico - 01/20/2016 12:15 PM

Scary for pregnant women.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Zitka in PRico - 01/20/2016 01:32 PM

eilandmens said:
The florida cases were from travel to Columbia and Venezuela. Not contracted in Florida i do not know if the Puerto Rican case was contracted in Puerto Rico

Where it came from to PR wasn't a concern to me but the fact that PR is close to SXM and many flights go through PR on way to SXM did scare me.

I wanted to inform people to use protection because the virus may be closer than one might think. If you're like my hubby, he doesn't think anything will bother him unless it's under his nose. Speaking of his nose---he always complained about using sunscreen and now he has lost a chunk of his nose to Basil Cell Skin cancer.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Zitka in PRico - 01/20/2016 01:37 PM

I made a separate thread this morning as there is a case on the island now according to the Daily Herald.

Thread
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline