TravelTalkOnline

Carrefour vs Grand Marche

Posted By: THOS

Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/21/2016 09:08 PM

We usually shop at Grand Marche and stock up when we arrive on the island. I am wondering if anyone has shopped at the new Carrefour in Cole Bay? Is there much difference in selection, quality and price? Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/21/2016 09:17 PM

The prices are cheaper , but be careful of some of products that are branded Carrefour, they are not that great.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/21/2016 09:19 PM

Lesley--like, what, in particular have you not been happy with? We usually only shopped at GM and bought some Carrefour products there, and they were fine.
Posted By: CanadianCutie

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/21/2016 10:20 PM

I bought some of their cookies and they were pretty good. The milk chocolate topped butter biscuits were very good. I liked the new Carrefour personally.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/22/2016 11:28 AM

Carol_Hill said:
Lesley--like, what, in particular have you not been happy with? We usually only shopped at GM and bought some Carrefour products there, and they were fine.

Hi Carol, I did heard a complain from someone on a cooking product which was not up to standard, however we do still shop there and also at Super U on the French side.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/22/2016 12:43 PM

My Favorite on Island markets are Super U and Carrefour. Both have their strengths and very few weaknesses. I should add that the huge parking lot at the Super U and carts in the lot (bring a coin...quarter will do fine) and 1:1 were a game changer for that location .

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/22/2016 01:11 PM

I agree, I love the Super U! The 'hand' carts at Super U also have a nifty handle and you can sit them on the ground and wheel them. Unless a person has a LOT of stuff, they work fine, no need for the big cart.
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/22/2016 05:10 PM

Where is Super U?
Posted By: candj

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/22/2016 05:48 PM

On the main road between Orient Beach and Grand Case.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/22/2016 06:07 PM

...between Grand Case and Marigot (in Marigot)

Re: Carrefour vs Grand Marche - 01/22/2016 06:26 PM

It's where the Match used to be, in Marigot.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline