Posted By: SXMScubaman

New French grocery law - 02/10/2016 10:54 PM

http://www.king5.com/story/money/nation-...arity/80076632/
Posted By: moxie

Re: New French grocery law - 02/10/2016 11:55 PM

Sounds good
Posted By: MORWAVES

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 10:34 AM

If it's not good enough to sell is it good enough to eat?
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 11:17 AM

You would be surprised by the amount of bakery and produce items grocery stores throw away because it is not fresh and up to the stores standards to sell, but still good enough to eat.
Posted By: Hdrdr911

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 11:21 AM

There is a big difference between best by or sell by dates and spoiled by dates. This is a great idea and should by implemented worldwide.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 12:05 PM

Restaurants (at least here in the states) should do the same. One evening hubby was at a KFC when a man came in ordered simply then took out all change to pay and was short. It was 10 mins to closing time but they wouldn't give the man what he ordered.

Hubby paid for him then asked what KFC did with all the chicken in the case. "We throw it out" was the reply!
Posted By: JohnB

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 02:05 PM

Very interesting but as things go what is a law in France does not mean it will be automatically followed in St Martin.
Posted By: lcote

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 02:11 PM

RonDon said:
Restaurants (at least here in the states) should do the same. One evening hubby was at a KFC when a man came in ordered simply then took out all change to pay and was short. It was 10 mins to closing time but they wouldn't give the man what he ordered.

Hubby paid for him then asked what KFC did with all the chicken in the case. "We throw it out" was the reply!

Alas, the issue with that is that if someone DOES get sick from it, it encourages lawsuits....at least here in the US. Not sure what laws are like in France.
Posted By: irina

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 07:33 PM

JohnB said:
Very interesting but as things go what is a law in France does not mean it will be automatically followed in St Martin.

It's a law in France, it's a law in Saint Martin.
French West Indies are part of France.
Department.
irina
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 08:02 PM

Not necessarily. St Martin is an Overseas Collectivity - not a Department.
Posted By: JohnB

Re: New French grocery law - 02/11/2016 08:07 PM

yes you are exactly right if it is law in France it is law in St Martin. I don't want to get in an argument about this but over the years I have observed a lot of regulations / laws are not followed in St Martin like they should be.I know you have been going to St Martin for a long time and can probably show me more instances of this oversight than I can.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline