TravelTalkOnline

French cruise ship

Posted By: RonDon

French cruise ship - 03/21/2016 07:28 PM

From our lanai we see CROISIERES DE FRANCE, a deep blue bottomed boat with white top and about 7 decks. I went on line to get info on it and saw a cruise from Isle Margharita to SXM continuing on to Madere, Gibraltar, Barcelona for 510 euro includes food, tips, drinks. Inexpensive, I'd say. Beautiful ship.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: French cruise ship - 03/21/2016 07:54 PM

I think that is actually the Horizon, which is actually home ported in SXM in the winter and Croisieres de France is the name of the cruise line, but I think it's spelled slightly differently. Possibly it is leaving now for Europe..
Posted By: AnnandSteve

Re: French cruise ship - 03/21/2016 09:06 PM

One of my buddies, currently in SXM, is taking that ship to Barcelona soon.

Re: French cruise ship - 03/21/2016 09:31 PM

Yeah, not sure where it is in the summer, but somewhere in Europe.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: French cruise ship - 03/21/2016 11:20 PM

That is the small ship that Linda and Jack are going on. They are leaving soon. Some other TTOL members cruised on it to some other islands last year.Apparently all the entertainment etc.. is in French so if you are bilingual, it is a good deal.
Posted By: moxie

Re: French cruise ship - 03/21/2016 11:53 PM

We sailed on it last year in the Caribbean -it's really French-passengers & crew but the crew do speak English-not so much the passengers.

Re: French cruise ship - 03/22/2016 12:03 AM

I remember you posted about cruising with them last year.Another cruiser mentioned that any entertainment was in French also.
Posted By: sxmmm1987

Re: French cruise ship - 03/22/2016 12:47 PM

We took this ship in 2015 and also again a few weeks ago. Went with Linda and Judy last year and had a great time. Food was very good and we met a lot of nice people that spoke English. But, I'd say about 80-85% spoke French or Spanish. This year, the food was so-so but we met lots of nice people. 2 really good shows-ABBA and another with a focus on a saxophonist. Other shows were so-so. Linda is taking this cruise to Barcelona with her friend, Judy (not Jack). I'm told by Caribe-a-Travel that this ship will not return to SXM but CDF will replace it with Zenith (looks exactly like Horizon from what I could see). It will go to different, better ports beginning in December through March or April. We will probably try that once again since there will be new ports.

Re: French cruise ship - 03/22/2016 01:15 PM

thanks for the report! Do you know whether they will continue the alcohol included pricing in their fares? And what is their smoking policy? Thanks.

Re: French cruise ship - 03/22/2016 01:30 PM

Thanks for that info.I was wondering if Jack would be able to make that trip. Glad Linda was still able to go.
Posted By: sxmmm1987

Re: French cruise ship - 03/22/2016 09:58 PM

I received an e mail from Carib-A-Travel with some offers. $750 (if booked before a certain date which I think is gone now they offered a $75 discount IF on their mailing list) with all drinks included. If anyone is interested, e mail them and get on their list for future. I have a feeling the price will come down as it gets closer. I just got another e mail for 12/21 to 12/25 for $475 and a $35 discount but it only goes to La Romana and Santa Domingo with all drinks.

Re: French cruise ship - 03/22/2016 10:45 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be exicted with that short trip to those ports either.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline