TravelTalkOnline

Island taxi/tour guidance for small group

Posted By: DesertWinds

Island taxi/tour guidance for small group - 05/02/2016 07:57 PM

We'll be chartering with Sunsail the last week of May but will be spending 2 nights at GCBC after we turn the boat back in. We have a group of nine. Four "experienced" adults and five young adults (20-24 yrs old).
We'd like to spend one of the days bopping around the island hitting some bars, restaurants and shopping. I'm thinking places like Sunset Bar & Grill, Karakters, hanging out in Philipsburgh, etc. We'll end up back in Grand Case for dinner.
Any suggestions or contact info on a taxi that could accommodate our group and show us around?
ANy ideas on a lunch place, too? I think we want to be at Sunset B&G from around 1pm to 3pm but probably lunch someplace else before that.
Thanks
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Island taxi/tour guidance for small group - 05/02/2016 08:02 PM

For the taxi, I can heartily recommend TTOL sponsor Wilfred Brooks. He is punctual, he is professional, knowledgeable and a heck of a nice guy!! You can do a SEARCH for "Wilfred Brooks" here and I think you will find many great comments on his service!

Re: Island taxi/tour guidance for small group - 05/03/2016 12:57 AM

Do you have any suggestions for a place for the guys to hang out (with cold beers and good people watching) when we get tired of following the girls around in Philipsburgh?
We'll contact Wilfred about transportation. Thanks.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Island taxi/tour guidance for small group - 05/03/2016 01:12 AM

Try Talouala Mango's / Blue Bitch bar on the boardwalk - same place not sure why 2 names
People watching, sometimes music out front and a view of the cruise ship[s

J&B
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Island taxi/tour guidance for small group - 05/03/2016 02:03 AM

Dirty Sanchez Crew Bar makes killer mojitos with a lot of alcohol. Great service from Marcel (young Dutch owner) who gives out free shots frequently. Definitely a fun party bar
on the boardwalk.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Island taxi/tour guidance for small group - 05/03/2016 02:05 AM

Lazy lizard is pretty good too.

Re: Island taxi/tour guidance for small group - 05/04/2016 01:57 AM

We'll give those spots a try. Thanks for the info.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline