TravelTalkOnline

best place to buy cigarettes

Posted By: turqwater

best place to buy cigarettes - 05/22/2016 11:27 AM

want to bring a carton home for a friend. Where can I get the best price? anyone know how much they are at the airport?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: best place to buy cigarettes - 05/22/2016 12:11 PM

If you're only talking one carton, I wouldn't sweat it as far as price, it's not that much different at the airport or elsewhere. It's not a huge amount more there. Best price is probably the Prime Cash and Carry, by the Harley Davidson place. Not sure I would make a trip there just for that. (Despite the name, they DO take credit cards.) Eric just usually buys his at Grand Marche. If you're otherwise going to GM, just get them there, so you can put them in your checked suitcase on the way home, as compared to having to hand carry them, if you buy at the airport.
Posted By: molldoll

Re: best place to buy cigarettes - 05/22/2016 03:53 PM

I always buy them at Grand Marche. I got skunked once when I bought them at a small shop on Front Street. They had been water damaged. I took them back and no questions were asked. The shop owner knew what he was selling. Expect to pay about $5 more a carton at the airport.
Posted By: LONGISLANDSHARON

Re: best place to buy cigarettes - 05/22/2016 04:14 PM

I never put my smokes in checked luggage. I've had them gone 'missing' too many times.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: best place to buy cigarettes - 05/22/2016 04:23 PM

Huhm, Ok, dumb me, I don't consider them valuable because I hate them, but you're right, I guess. We've not had a problem to date, but possibly been lucky.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline