TravelTalkOnline

J W Marriott at the Blue Mall?

Posted By: Gratzpark

J W Marriott at the Blue Mall? - 06/06/2016 06:36 PM

I have heard that these are not rumors, but fact, that the Marriott folks are taking two of the upper floors and re-building them to create a fine hotel. That sounds good to me, but wondering if Spiro (of Maho) is selling the land across the road to them to develop better beach access also?[color:"purple"][/color]
Posted By: Pan

Re: J W Marriott at the Blue Mall? - 06/08/2016 12:48 AM

"wondering if Spiro (of Maho) is selling the land across the road to them to develop better beach access also?"

I hope the hell NOT. That will ruin Dany and a great beach.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: J W Marriott at the Blue Mall? - 06/08/2016 12:59 AM

Spadaro
Posted By: Stevemech

Re: J W Marriott at the Blue Mall? - 06/08/2016 01:57 AM

If this is true, I fear this will be the death of Cupecoy beach as we know it.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: J W Marriott at the Blue Mall? - 06/08/2016 08:53 AM

Pan said:
"wondering if Spiro (of Maho) is selling the land across the road to them to develop better beach access also?"

I hope the hell NOT. That will ruin Dany and a great beach.

Can't see him doing that to benefit what will become competition.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: J W Marriott at the Blue Mall? - 06/08/2016 10:57 AM

Unless it has been recently sold, the vacant land above the Cupecoy beaches belongs to the person who owns Port de Plaisance.
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: J W Marriott at the Blue Mall? - 06/08/2016 01:28 PM

JW Marriott is a brand name, like Ritz and Courtyard by Marriott, They like to work with outside investors for most of their new properties. Anyone can apply for a franchise name, but they are pretty choosey about giving away the JW name. The property would have to have a lot of amenities to make the grade. Not likely on that little corner of the island from what I know.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline