TravelTalkOnline

Grand Case

Posted By: biglar

Grand Case - 06/21/2016 08:17 PM

Just finished posting a two day story on some of the structures in Grand Case. While I was there this year I talked to a few of the restaurant owners and got some history about their buildings. Click on my link below to see the stories.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Grand Case - 06/21/2016 09:32 PM

Nice posts and lovely pics - thanks

Had not thought about concrete "dating" older buildings, have to pay more attention next time. I have also looked at the church in Grand Case, nice condition and I also did not find any date info, would like to know it's history if anyone knows?

J&B
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 12:19 AM

Always enjoyable and informative reading your blog, Larry.
Thanks for the research and pics.
Posted By: OllieEh

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 12:50 AM

I'll be making my first visit to Grand Case/St Martin in less than two weeks. I really appreciate the info that you compiled. It's definitely going to enhance our stay.
I also read about your Plantar Fasciitis. I had the same symptoms and the was diagnosed with Plantar fasciitis. The first steps of the day were excruciating on my heel. It felt like someone was putting out a cigarette on my heel. My doctor prescribed orthotics. Within 3 weeks of wearing them, the pain was TOTALLY gone. They have been a real blessing. I walk over 20,000 steps per day at work and couldn't live without them. They are expensive but well worth the cost.
Thanks again for the history lesson!
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 12:17 PM

I am not sure if this is true but we were told once that the reason many of the second floors are not complete, is the owner doesn't pay property tax unless the structure is complete. Anyone know?
Posted By: fabila

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 04:15 PM

Sorry but I don't see a report or pictures? I would love to see what you wrote and photographed.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 04:23 PM

Louise--it's in the link below his post.
Posted By: kim

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 04:54 PM

I don't see it either. But could that be because I have something clicked somewhere to not see tickets? Did it years ago before things "moved quicker"!! Maybe dial up days!! wink

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 04:57 PM

Possibly you have your profile set up to not see other people's signatures?? If so, just go to your My Home, under Display Preferences and choose 'view signatures'..
Posted By: kim

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 11:12 PM

Carol_Hill said:
Possibly you have your profile set up to not see other people's signatures?? If so, just go to your My Home, under Display Preferences and choose 'view signatures'..

thats it - fixed! way way back I blocked the signatures because of the time it took to load

Re: Grand Case - 06/22/2016 11:20 PM

OK, glad that was such an easy fix..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline