TravelTalkOnline

Il Nettuno

Posted By: mchirgwin

Il Nettuno - 08/01/2016 08:24 PM

Does anyone know if Ramon is still there?
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/01/2016 08:45 PM

mchirgwin said:
Does anyone know if Ramon is still there?
Thanks in advance.

Below is what Sharon from SXM posted on 7/28.

"As of this winter Ramon was back as the owner of Il Nettuno having to take it back from the people he sold to. I have not seen him now for a few months so possibly he has resold it but everyone raved about the food once he was back in charge......."
Posted By: NakedAsAJaybird

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/01/2016 10:10 PM

Ramon is completely retired and no longer has anything to do with the Restaurant. The person that bought it from Ramon still owns it and the menu is completely changed. Friends ate there last month and said it was not very good, microwaved food. On the other hand, I see Ramon pretty often and he is doing well.
Posted By: NakedAsAJaybird

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/02/2016 01:15 AM

Ramon is no longer at the restaurant. He has retired and after a short return decided to go back to his life of leisure. The person that originally bought the restaurant is still there, but no longer serves anything on Ramon's old menu. Some friends that were there last month were not impressed with food or atmosphere. Just not the same, but I guess people will have to try it themselves. I see Ramon all the time and he is happy in retirement.
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/02/2016 09:47 AM

We were there last Tuesday and really enjoyed the meal. Thought is was fabulous. Our first time there so we didn't know Ramon. That is my unbiased opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/02/2016 10:48 AM

RICKnGRACE_LI_NY said:
We were there last Tuesday and really enjoyed the meal. Thought is was fabulous. Our first time there so we didn't know Ramon. That is my unbiased opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

Was it as good as Ciro's in Long Island? Looking to compare, so I know what you consider to be good. Thanks.
Posted By: biglar

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/02/2016 08:52 PM

We ate there in May and enjoyed the meal. Great service and friendly staff.
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/03/2016 04:28 PM

I have never been to Ciro. I would compare it to a small semi upscale restaurant like Luigi Q in Plainview if you are familiar with the area.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Il Nettuno - 08/03/2016 06:14 PM

Thanks RicknGrace.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline