TravelTalkOnline

Resort Fee at Royal Palm??

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 03:36 PM

Can anyone who has stayed at Royal Palm as a timeshare owner or timeshare renter comment on what it appears they are now charging in the form of a $10 daily "resort fee"? I just stayed there in Feb./March and there was no such fee charged. I called the front desk and was told there is such a fee and it was implemented "earlier this year".

Thanks.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 03:45 PM

I haven't heard of it before. But I assume that if RP is charging it, that Flamingo is also. I wonder if it is as a result of the sale of Diamond Resorts? I personally really HATE these resort fees, which basically are just a way for them to charge more money for the same services that they provided before..

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 03:54 PM

No idea and that is another reason I called Royal Palm. Not that I expected a complete or accurate answer but I thought it was worth a try.

Perhaps Scubaman can add to this since he was just at Flamingo a couple of months ago.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 04:00 PM

There is a resort fee of $10 a day at the RP and Flamingo. Not a result of change of ownership. It is only charged for RCI or II trade in guests and renters from the resort. It covers wifi, pool towels etc. It is not charged to fixed week owners or Diamond point guests.
Not to be confused with the $50 timeshare fee all guests pay except renters.

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 04:04 PM

SXMScubaman said:
There is a resort fee of $10 a day at the RP and Flamingo. Not a result of change of ownership. It is only charged for RCI or II trade in guests and renters from the resort. It covers wifi, pool towels etc. It is not charged to fixed week owners or Diamond point guests.

Ok and thank you.

Let's say I rent a timeshare week direct from you at Flamingo. Do I then pay the $10 daily resort fee?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 04:08 PM

OK, I missed that, hadn't heard of it before.

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 04:12 PM

ruralcarrier said:
SXMScubaman said:

Ok and thank you.

Let's say I rent a timeshare week direct from you at Flamingo. Do I then pay the $10 daily resort fee?

No. Only if you rent directly from the resort. The $50 timeshare fee still applies. Was like that this last May at the Flamingo.

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 04:22 PM

Thank you.

The person I spoke to at Royal Palm was not correct then either, unless they indeed are attempting to charge EVERYONE as that is what she implied.
Posted By: LONGISLANDSHARON

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 10:30 PM

Of course they are!! lol
Posted By: ProfLangue

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 10:37 PM

SXMScubaman said:

Correct. I was just there in July and didn't pay this, as a fixed week owner.

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 10:59 PM

ProfLangue said:
SXMScubaman said:

As it should be. We pay enough MF to cover our stay.

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/11/2016 11:47 PM

SXMScubaman said:
ProfLangue said:
SXMScubaman said:

As it should be. We pay enough MF to cover our stay.

Thank you and we that rent from an owner appreciate that!

Re: Resort Fee at Royal Palm?? - 08/12/2016 12:26 AM

Your welcome. Some people don't like the concept of timeshare ownership but some of those same people benefit from that concept. Without the timeshare concept there would not be near as many places to stay in St Maarten.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline